Falls Church, VA Salary:
Our client is currently seeking a System Administrator System Administrator Job Summary
Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Requires understanding a global or multi-office network infrastructure.
Helps develop, document, communicate, and enforce a network technology policy.
Is responsible for the installation and configuration of new software and hardware, including the server network, devices and firewalls.
Is responsible for monitoring system performance, IT system operations and storage utilization.
Plans ahead for necessary hardware or software upgrades to support system growth.
Manages user accounts and assets, and assigns and updates security permissions on the network according to security policy.
Provides support with escalated help desk requests.
Leads a team of systems administrators, coordinates with different departments.
Mentors team members and educates users.System Administrator Requirements
- 6-10 years of experience working in the information technology sector.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science, information science, information systems or related field.
- Advanced knowledge of networking and distributed computing environment concepts, as well as a sound understanding of the principles of routing, firewalls, and client/server applications.
- Experience with troubleshooting and issue resolution principles, methodologies and techniques.
- Good knowledge of applicable laws, ITAR, DFARS and data privacy policies.Personal skills.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com