About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG's Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG's Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base. To learn more, visit https://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/technology-consulting/
PCG's Technology Consulting group is seeking System Architect / System Engineer role for a legacy modernization project with strong experience in .NET, SQL, Azure and other Microsoft Cloud-based Technologies. This client facing role is responsible for designing and developing the structure of customer portal for licensing and payments to meet the needs and expectations of the end user. This entails analyzing current legacy systems, designing future system components according to suitable cost-benefit specification, viable technology, and user experience. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, partitioning large computer systems into subsystems which can be easily handled by individual engineers and designing the overall system layout and interface for the management of system information. They will liaise with Lead Business Analyst, design and implementation Engineers to develop and implement design concepts which are in accordance with fundamental user requirements.
• Analyze, Lead and direct the Design, Development Services as required by this old Licensing system. Oversee all aspects of technical solution spanning across product configuration, infrastructure, connectivity, interfaces and data.
• Analyze (reverse engineer) current system, data and workflows to implement licensing processes.
• Administer mapping of all data sources and movement and analyze it to ensure appropriate quality of all data.
• Coordinate with stakeholders, data users and subject matter experts to develop and achieve various long-term objectives for data architecture.
• Design long term solutions to achieve all goals and prepare the data roadmap for management.
• Design and provide support to all Systems management methodologies per required standards by the State of California.
• Coordinate with legacy system Subject Matter Experts, Contract Manager, Data Architect and Product Owner to manage all project activities regarding enterprise data.
• Manage various data association problems such as system configuration and integration on multiple platforms.
• Prepare documents for data architecture and maintain knowledge on large data structure as well.
• Design annual technology business plans per State Standards.
• Analyze information flow and recommend appropriate technology to provide support to all business processes.
• 7+ years of experience in web development experience in modern frameworks coding, testing, automation and debugging specializing in .NET, SQL, Azure and other Microsoft Cloud Technologies.
• 5+ years of experience on one or more agile projects using micro-services or modern architecture utilizing Open API standards to deliver all phases of RESTful web services.
• 5+ years of experience working on all phases of application configuration through deployment with engineering staff.
• 5+ years of experience in system and technical analysis using modern design patterns.
• 3+ years of experience data mapping and conversion experience using proposed platform.
• 2+ years of experience Reverse Engineering of old legacy systems based on ASP, ASP.NET, NET 2.0 and higher versions.
• Experience with enterprise tools, such as Licensing and Payroll Portal, and Database Management Systems
• Experience with California's Procurement Processes namely Feasibility Study Report (FSR) and Project Approval Lifecycle (PAL)
• Looking at the environment (clients, partner agencies and vendors) holistically and understanding how the project will impact areas beyond the stated scope.
• Taking a collaborative approach and having mutual respect among the vendor teams.
• Leading teams with diverse skill sets in multiple locations, including offshore
• Bringing experience with many types of technologies and delivering out-of-the-box thinking and creative problem-solving possibilities.
• AWS Cloud Practitioner
• Microsoft Certified
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.