Description Job Description:
The Leidos Health group currently has an opening for a System Architect to work in Hyattsville, Maryland in support of Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC).
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
The SA is responsible for the architectural design, development, and deployment of the portfolio overall systems. Defines system solutions based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms. Researches, identifies, selects, and tests technology products required for solution delivery. Develops policies for standardizing systems and development tools. Establishes, implements, and documents the technology integration or migration strategies. Works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge. The position requires staying on top of the industry trend and new technologies for the system architecture. It requires balancing short term technical decision with long term technology roadmap.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: BS degree, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience and at least 8 years of experience
1. A Bachelor's degree and between 7-10 years of experience working as a System Architect.
2. Experience with federal IT and security standards, including but not limited to NIST, FISMA, CIPSEA, HHS, CDC (ITSO, OCISO), and NCHS (program office, ISSO, NCHS Confidentiality Office). Encryption is required.
3. Experience with HHS/CDC's EPLC (Enterprise Performance Life Cycle). This includes, but is not limited to, assembling various and numerous documents for reviews.
4. Experience implementing auditing and tracking, for example incident, risk, change management, and issue management in a federal IT environment.
5. Experience with conducting backups, restores, and disaster recovery.
6. Extensive knowledge of IIS and Apache proxy servers, Java-based server applications, working with secure data transports, data warehousing, tracking and auditing, supporting multiple file formats including XML and JSON.
7. Knowledge of information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, infrastructure and operations, and Enterprise Architecture and ITIL frameworks.
8. Exceptional soft skills including teamwork, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation.
9. Excellent analytical, technical skills, planning, and organizational skills.
10. Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
2. Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, data strategy & governance, Micro-services, event-driven IT and predictive and statistical analytics.
3. Experience supporting and managing secure data interchanges of sensitive clinical and administrative data with PII and PHI
4. Understanding of Electronic Health Record and medical coding External Referral Bonus:
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.