Manages operational relations with various EMR / EHR, LIS, and HIS partners (vendors) to effectively increase quality and efficiency within client connectivity solutions. This pertains to interfaces between Quest and the Client’s software in order to support electronic Lab Orders and/or Results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Influences vendors to implement solutions and/or processes to improve connectivity operations (e.g. Implementation Automation, eOrder Quality, Advanced Beneficiary Notice, QLS Conversions)
2. Serves as a point person for implementation and support escalations that arise that require vendor engagement to support the throughput of new interface implementations and maintain a positive technical support experience for clients.
3. Works closely with the Vendor Account Manager team and vendors to identify opportunities to develop and apply new functionality that supports the business strategy, billing, and client experience.
4. Maintains documentation on assigned vendor’s product capabilities, processes, and contact info to insure visibility internally (e.g. Vendor Wiki, Workflow tool)
5. Maintains a database of vendor specific initiatives, issues, and communication log (e.g. CRM, Workflow tool).
6. Works closely with IT Procurement team to support the needs of new vendor contracts.
7. Coordinate opportunities for internal customers to receive vendor specific training and educational resources.
8. Collaborate with technical commercial team (e.g. Connectivity Account Managers) to insure proper technical and integration information on our vendors is being communicated to our customers
9. Facilitates ongoing communications with assigned vendors.
10. Resolve issues that arise regarding the operational relationship
11. Serve as a general escalation liaison between Quest and assigned vendors
12. Attends industry and vendor user conferences
13. Travel between 5%
• 7+ years of Healthcare Experience
• 3+ years of Healthcare Interoperability Experience (HL7, FHIR, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in IT, business administration, information systems, or equivalent experience
• Strong knowledge of Healthcare Interoperability vendor landscape
• Working knowledge of a clinical laboratory order to cash operations lifecycle
• Understanding of Meaningful Use/Macra/Mips and national healthcare IT standards
• Knowledge of HL7 Lab Interoperability Specifications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent consultative relationship building skills and ability to lead group discussions
• Proven analytical, problem solving, conflict resolution, & decision-making skills