Job Description – BMS System Engineer
Brief Description of Role
We are looking for a candidate to join our team of dedicated engineers to design, develop, optimize the battery system that will be integrated into electrified powertrain platforms. The candidate will work closely with project manager and all engineer leads (cell development, module/pack design, hardware, software, simulation, testing etc.) as a technical liaison in the field of battery system to represent the promising solutions/technical proposals to encounter requirements from customers.
The candidate will apply his/her expertise in designing and developing advanced battery systems, analyzing technical requirements from customers and internal group, while supporting the development of the BMS with the R&D group.
- Lead or support battery system development with R&D team to make sure all the technical deliverables can be implemented on a system level (design, integration, HW, SW) based on the customer requirements and internal project goals
- Analysis and evaluate customer requirements, crate system, and hardware-level requirements, work internally to propose technical concepts
- Support the design of hardware layouts, schematics and main component selection.
- Work as a technical liaison to all customers, hold technical reviews and introduce the solution to fit customer’s requirements.
- Responsible for the development and integration of battery system from technical concepts to SOP of product
- Responsible for monitor all the critical timeline and milestones and quality of deliverables
- Track and report the project status for continuous improvement of systems functions
- Develop system DVP, DFMEA and achieve the certain level of functional safety (ASIL)
- Responsible for the technical design analysis, trade-off studies design reviews with project leads
- Responsible for the product integration with the experience of EESE or EE subsystem integration
- Some necessary business travel may required
Basic Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electric-drive Vehicle Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum of 1-2 years of system engineering experience in the automotive industry, with Hybrid and / or Electric Vehicles experience is preferred
- Strong knowledge with battery chemistry and performance
- Experience with Embedded Systems Development, Requirements Engineering, System Architecture, Electronics, Control systems.
- Experience with electrical/electronic components used in BMS hardware
- Prior experience of ECU HW design and validation, schematic and PCB review
- Experience with LIN and CAN BUS interface development
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute deliverables in an occasionally high-pressure environment
- Graduate or higher Degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electric-drive Vehicle Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
- 3 -5 or more years of system engineering experience in the automotive industry (OEM or related supplier)
- 2+ years of experience with development and integration of Li-ion battery system or electrified powertrains and battery management
- Experience with Li-ion Battery PACK used in BMS hardware
- Experience with On-Board Diagnostic, OTA
- Bilingual skills (Fluent English and Chinese)