Huntington Ingalls Incorporated
HII - Technical Solutions Division (HII-TSD) is seeking a Systems Engineer to work at our US Coast Guard customer site in Kearneysville, WV.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Analyzes and develops computer systems processing a wide range of capabilities, including numerous engineering, business and records management functions.
* Prepares status reports and deliveries/presentations on the system concept to team lead, colleagues, and end user representatives.
* Makes recommendations, if needed, for approval or major systems installations.
* Coordinates with the project and/or program manager to ensure problem solution and user satisfaction.
* Analyzes user interfaces, recommend hardware and software performance tuning, analyze workload and computer usage, maintain interfaces with outside systems, analyze down-times, analyze proposed system modifications, and upgrades.
* Conduct all activities related to upgrading from an older Linux OS to a newer version.
* 5 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 3 years relevant experience with Masters in realted field; 0 years experience with PhD or Juris Doctorate in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 9 years relevant experience.
* Bachelor s Degree in an IT related field
* Minimum of 6 years of hands on experience with Linux OS, specifically RedHat Linux (RHEL)
* Security+CE certificate required
* Desirable experience in Agile development methodologies
* Advanced Linux OS administration
* Experience with Oracle on VMs
* Experience with scripting in either bash or python
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
* Experience with performing Linux OS upgrades especially RHEL versions 5/6 to 7/8.
* Experience with performing in-place and full replacement upgrades of system with and without databases present.
* Ability to identify and understand interactions between components within a system at varying levels, from tactical to strategic.
* Ability to work in a team environment and independently as needed.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience with multiple Linux OS client interactive interfaces such as Putty, SuperPUTTY, etc.
* Knowledge of interaction of Oracle database systems and Windows/Linux OS.
* Experience with using Ansible in a multi-server environment.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.