Company Job Title:
Systems Engineer (Journeyman)
TS/SCI with CI Poly
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
Summary: The Systems Engineer (Journeyman) will support the Solution Design Team for an IT Operations and Maintenance contract in the Bethesda, MD.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
- Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Develop system architecture and system design documentation
- Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
- Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
- Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
- Research and evaluate new concepts and processes to improve performance. Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues. Assists more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities. Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
- Work individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams. Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
- Direct multiple teams through to project completion. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Requires Bachelors degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent,
5+ years of related experience.
DoD 8570.01 compliant: Security +, GSEC, SSCP, or CCNA Security
TS/SCI w CI Poly
Experience with HP C class server platforms, management tools “insight manager/advanced ILO”
Experience with configuring and deploying Linux based operating systems on HP Proliant class processing platforms
Solid network and systems troubleshooting experience with HTTP\HTTPS, FTP, NFS, SMB, SMTP, SSH, NTP and TCP/IP, Internet Security, encryption
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze and assess computer/network architecture requirements and determine optimum measures, recommendation to return on investment product utilization, and lifecycle of operating systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.