Description Job Description:
Are you ready to work on programs that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where we FIGHT for our employees, one round at a time! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Disability Leave, Safe Work Environments AND a 20k Sign on Bonus for this position upon funding and hire onto the program!Program Summary
Pending contract award, the Leidos Intelligence Group will have a career opportunity for a Junior Systems Engineer on a new, large, multi-year contract for systems engineering, integration, software development, testing, configuration management and training to develop, modernize and sustain Mission Management, Mission Assessment, Sensor Control and Execution (Mission Execution), and Sensor Cognizance functions within our customer environment.Primary Responsibilities
Applies systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement.
Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
Responsibility for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and deliverables associated with one or more of the 25 process areas defined by ISO/IEC15288:
The Entry Level System Engineer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Technical Process Area - Stakeholder Requirements Definition, Requirements Analysis, Architectural Design, Implementation, Integration, Verification, Transition, Validation, Operation, Maintenance, and Disposal;
- Project Process Area - Project Planning, Project Assessment and Control, Decision Management, Risk Management, Configuration Management, Information Management, and Measurement;
- Enterprise (Organizational Project-Enabling) Process Area - Project Portfolio Management, Infrastructure Management, Lifecycle Model Management, Human Resource Management, and Quality Management;
- Agreement Process Area - Acquisition and Supply.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of a work product in Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of multiple work products in Project and/or Technical Process Areas associated with any of the ISO/IEC 15288 processes.
- Develop and deliver a work product in any of the ISO/IEC 15288 Process Areas.
- Examples of Qualified engineering fields include: Aeronautics, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical, Nuclear, Software, Systems, and Engineering Management.
- Examples of related disciplines include: Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and Physics.
- A Bachelor's degree in a Qualified Engineering Field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus 2 - 4 years of systems engineering experience.
- Or a High School Diploma or GED and four (4) additional years of general system engineering experience (any Process Area) may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
- Or a Master's degree in a Qualified Engineering Field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one (1) year of systems engineering experience.
- Or a PhD in a Qualified Engineering Field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university may be substituted for three (3) years of systems engineering experience.
- An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required in order to be considered for this position.
CSS20khttps://careers.leidos.com/CSS20Kcareers.leidos.com/CONMD External Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Systems EngineeringPay Range:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.