Supermicro is seeking an Enterprise Server System Engineer for severer, motherboard, add-on cards, backplane and other key components. In this position, you will be responsible for verifying and testing server systems, add-ons, mother boards and other key components like DDR4 or NVMe. The position is located in our headquarter office in San Jose, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
- Modifying and enhancing existing designs to improve the quality of server mother board products
- Deep understanding of X86 architecture; Comprehensive knowledge on the PCB layout, debugging tools and software, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, Soldering Irons, etc.
- Collaborate with other hardware engineers, validation engineers, software engineers, firmware engineers, product engineers and other teams to discover and solve any engineering issues in early stage to ensure and enhance the quality of the products
- Review technical documentation including product specifications, layout instructions, test procedures, etc.
- Ensure products conform to engineering specification, regulatory, and customer expectations
- Review products to manufacturing with clear documentation, and provide technical support to solve product problems
- BSEE or MSEE, with 1-3 years of experience working with x86 server is a plus
- Knowledge of circuit design (digital, analog, power) and PCB layout
- Strong communication, written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and problem solving capability
- Self-motivated, team player with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.:
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI) is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.