Assist senior staff, providing resolution to an assortment of problems of moderately complex scope related to systems engineering activities, including organizing development of OS technical support,systems programming and data center capabilities. Works under general supervision, carrying out routine and semi-routine engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities associated with one or more technical areas within the engineering function such as, system design, engineering, implementation, or operations/user support. . Additionally, participates in and contributes to the fulfillment of team or functional goals and objectives through assigned projects or involvement in phase(s) of larger enterprise projects. Typically 3-5 years of systems experience.
The Mattermost Operations Lead participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, to include OS technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Assists in establishment of input/output processes and working parameters for hardware compatibility and coordination of subsystems design and integration of total system. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 5 or more years of systems engineering experience.
- Manage and support Mattermost application on a day to day basis.
- Executes processes in support of the IT infrastructure and resources required to plan for, develop, deliver and support Mattermost services and product to meet the needs of a business within required SLAs.
- Prepares for new or changed services, management of the change process and the maintenance of regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Monitor, measure, report and review current performance of application services and ensure availability and capacity meet business demand.
- Apply applicable information security procedures to maintain compliance for the Mattermost application.
- Supports the development of continual service improvement plans to ensure the IT infrastructure adequately supports business needs.
- Facilitates the resolution (both reactive and proactive) of problems throughout the information system lifecycle, including classification, prioritization and initiation of action. Documentation of root causes and implementation of remedies to prevent future incidents.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot Mattermost Application.
- Act as third level resources for Mattermost application client issue.
- Collaborates effectively with their Architecture/Engineering peers for new initiative solution planning, testing/validation, complex troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- On-Call support responsibilities (coverage nights & weekends)
- Experience with Linux server, networking and storage technologies.
- Experience with monitoring technologies (Splunk, SiteScope).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with the incident, change & problem management disciplines; and knowledge of the Remedy ITSM application toolset.
Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Network experience.
- NAS Storage experience.
- IIS Web Server experience.
- Mattermost Client proficient in web based and application client. Also system console knowledge.
- Mattermost Server Support Proficient in Linux OS, Bash Shell scripting, and Mattermost server commands.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role