Responsible for designing, building and supporting IT infrastructure components across the company thru familiarity with standard IT concepts, practices, and procedures. In addition to possessing the requisite technical skills, the preferred candidate will have a track record of demonstrating initiative, team work and a can-do attitude. Within the scope of this position, contributes to the company s overall mission to protect the rights and welfare of human subjects involved in clinical research.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college in computer science or related field or 7 years of equivalent industry experience
- MCSE (Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or Server Infrastructure or equivalent)
- 7+ years experience designing, implementing and supporting Microsoft Windows based infrastructure systems including Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, IIS, and other Microsoft infrastructure applications.
- Solid working knowledge of compute, storage and database technologies and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement complex infrastructure solutions using industry standards and best practices
- Experience in configuring systems and storage monitoring to ensure availability SLAs are measured and managed
- Experience in building and automating platform monitoring and management solutions
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, cool under pressure
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge and experience operating in an ITIL framework
- Experience working in a regulated enterprise environment and comply with standard operating procedures
Required Technical Skills: Working knowledge in selecting, purchasing, installing, configuring, and maintaining for the following technology:
- Windows Server 2008-2016 (Azure, AWS experience a plus)
- Red Hat Linux (a plus) or other Linux flavors
- Microsoft Active Directory (Azure Active Directory and Connector experience a plus)
- Experience installing and configuring server hardware
- Experience installing and configuring SAN and NAS storage systems (NetApp experience a plus)
- Experience designing and developing backup and disaster recovery systems
- Experience implementing procedures and systems to support and or automate Windows patches and updates leveraging tools such as Microsoft SCCM.
- Experience operating in a highly virtualized VMware environment Experience installing, configuring and supporting monitoring tools (Turbonomics, vRealize, Solarswinds a plus)
- Strong PowerShell scripting skills and the application of this skills to automate repetitive tasks
- Ability to write user and IT instructions, routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, vendors, employees or management
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Ability to deliver expert level support of Microsoft Windows platforms including Windows Server, IIS, Active Directory, Exchange/Office 365
- Work with managers, supervisors, and staff to evaluate and recommend improvement and growth of the infrastructure and IT systems
- After hours and weekend support is required
- Develop technical roadmaps for new infrastructure solutions and services
- Review and analyze computer equipment, hardware, and software to assure organizational needs are met and make recommendations on current and new computer equipment and/or software or hardware programs to manager
- Establish and maintains clear and timely communication with manager and team members
- Assist with the creation of a DevOps mindset by showing leadership in automating tasks using PowerShell (and possibly Azure Stack)
- Maintain high level of professionalism when assisting users in person and via telephone
- Must maintain confidentiality in all matters and handle all matters discretely
- Attendance, punctuality, and safe job performance are essential functions of the job
- Complete all required training and follow established policies and procedures as part of the organizational compliance program
- Act as a role model and mentor to junior engineers and administrators as required
- Perform other duties, as assigned