Soft Tech Consulting is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to fill the role of a System Engineer I for an existing government client. The place of performance is in Alexandria, VA.
MUST HAVE SECRET CLEARANCE
- Administer daily updates to the database tracking tool.
- Collection of operations support weekly action reports.
- Compile database metrics weekly.
- Assign new work orders to operations support technicians/engineers within one hour of
- STAC notification (during business hours), personally follow-up on any urgent action.
- Check Solar Winds concerning network and systems status on a recurring basis and take action to address problems or issues.
- Perform Tier I troubleshooting, including server resets (Citrix), big brother admin, SNMPc, pinging servers, user accounts, TAVEE reports, etc.
- Under direction of the lead network engineer, provide statistical reporting data on post communications links as required.
- Maintain a log and track metrics on network outages.
- Cisco and Nortel configuration, initialization, and preparation of these devices for shipment to post.
- Post database updates.
- Maintain up-to-date IP list on NAS with shortcut to desktop of each terminal (print PDF report from post database).
- Daily management of the NOC- take action for any technical faults or issues, maintain cleanliness, organization (documentation), operation and monitor the logbook.
- Ensure all tickets are acted on promptly, effectively and closed out promptly.
- Under direction from the system administrator, image and configure workstations.
- Maintain the operations support duty roster.
- A degree in the field of computer science or a related discipline is preferred.
- At least two IT certifications such as A+, CCNA, Network+, etc.
- Minimum two years hands-on experience in a PC/network helpdesk or technical support environment.
- Knowledge of technical security systems such as CCTV, alarms, and access control is a plus.
- Have a good base of IT knowledge to draw upon and be able and willing to learn new applications and related hardware devices.
Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned business headquartered in Chantilly, VA. With contracts in both the public and private sectors in the DC metro area and across the country, Soft Tech is an organization made up of highly successful and talented Information Technology professionals offering enterprise class solutions for any size organization at great value. Soft Tech’s mission is to help government organizations design, implement, and maintain mission critical Information Technology solutions. By focusing jointly on our employees and our customers, we are able to achieve our mission by providing each and every one of our customers with continuous quality customer support. Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.