Provides support to the DISA by supporting multiple PKI related projects with system engineering and operational expertise working in concert with the other engineers. The Systems Engineer will provide unbiased, objective advice and recommendations related to PKI and PKE activities, capabilities, testing, and findings. Must be able to work in concert with developers and have a strong understanding of DevOps. Should specialize in RedHat Certificate System and directory server. Requires professional and communications skills needed to coordinate DISA efforts with both DoD and non-DoD partners. Responsibilities
- Knowledge of ICAM, PKI, and PKE; understanding PKI-based authentication, signing, and encryption solutions
- Hands-on engineering experience with a variety of operating systems, web servers, and other applications
- Strong understand and use of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and a solid foundation on enterprise infrastructure, application support, and configuration management through automation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation and attention to detail
- Specific knowledge of the DoD PKI required, Red Hat Certificate
- A solid understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) including technology, standards, and implementations, with experience managing, configuring, or supporting a PKI certificate authority
- Knowledge of Red Hat Certification Server implementation
- Required expertise in designing, engineering, implementing, operating and supporting a Cryptographic Infrastructure consisting of such elements as Hardware Security Modules (HSM)
- Specific product knowledge of any of the following desirable: Microsoft Active Directory, IIS, Outlook; Apache web server, Apache Tomcat; Adobe Acrobat/Reader; Oracle database, server and SSO products; middleware including Axway (formerly Tumbleweed) Validation Authority suite, CoreStreet Validation Authority, 90meter and ActivClient smart card reader products
- Active Secret clearance required
- 10 years of software engineering, computer engineering experience required. At least 5 years of experience with applications for PKI using advanced technologies, including Internet protocols or web-based technology
- Master's Degree preferred
- IT Certifications (e.g. CISSP, Sec+) preferred
- Experience in management support on development end user applications.
- Experience in analysis, results, and reports to a wide range of difficult problems.
Experience in the Cyber/PKI/IA community.
Analytical skills - Must be able to evaluate policy and guidance, technology advancements in PKI, and operational requirements to formulate system strategies in the DoD.