Solutions Point is recruiting for System Engineer for a good client located in Overland Park, Kansas. Our client has around 220 employees. IT Org 20 to 25 with an Infrastructure team of 4 and looking to add one. This will be a six month contract for hire opportunity. While on contract it will be a W2 hourly role. Rate on contract will be 45 to 65hr depending on experience. Conversion salary will be negotiated prior to accepting the contract. Full time Base salary will be 80k to 100k base with potential bonus on top of base plus great benefits.
This position will perform administration and support across all platforms in multiple data center locations. The candidate will work closely with existing Tech Services team members along with members of the Operations, Data Services and other non-IT teams in support of all project life cycles in a highly available, scaled environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in 24x7 technology support for escalated Tech Services issues.
- Execute strategic projects to design, deploy, manage and maintain infrastructure systems across the technology verticals of: Network, Storage, Compute, Virtualization, Telephony, Cloud Infrastructure and Automation & Orchestration.
- Will assist with system monitoring, performance tuning and capacity planning to ensure the highest level of system and infrastructure availability.
- Works to expand knowledge of Infrastructure related security strategies and concepts and apply that to knowledge to ensure systems meet or exceed standards.
- Collaborate with vendors and other relevant IT personnel as required in support of enterprise applications, and hardware.
- Assist in the evaluation of emerging technology solutions.
- Assists other team members and vendors involved in the overall support of enterprise applications.
- Regularly contributes to team technical discussions and influences decisions related to area of expertise.
- Assist Tech Services team with scheduled patching and maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation adheres to Tech Services and organizational standards and is consistently updated as needed.
- Works to complete all tasks as assigned in a timely and thorough manner.
- Work with other departments to ensure the workflows and processes are providing the best service to members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Bachelor’s degree
Computer Science or related field
CCNA/DA, VCA, MCSE or others of comparable level
Job Related Experience
- Microsoft Enterprise Technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, MS SQL, Active Directory, IIS, ADFS
- Experience with Office 365 including deployment, migration and management. (Exchange Online/Hybrid Exchange, Azure, AD, OneDrive, Skype/Teams, SharePoint, Azure AD, Intune).
- VMware vSphere management, monitoring and optimization, automation & orchestration
- VMware Horizon (VDI), preferred VMware AirWatch, Workspace ONE, VMware Horizon (VDI)
- Network Technologies: Cisco Router/Switches, F5
- Experience with Cisco UCS infrastructure.
- Experience managing enterprise phone systems.
- Experience with information security technologies including log management, mobile device management (MDM), multi factor authentication (DUO).
- Experience managing and implementing identity providers and federated identity services. (Microsoft ADFS. VMWare Identity Manager, SAML 2.0)
- Basic Linux Management experience
- Preferred experience architecting, deploying and supporting technologies leveraging cloud-based platforms such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.
- Experience with scripting, automation and orchestration technologies to create efficiencies. PowerShell, Python, Puppet/Chef, etc.
- Experience performing enterprise level patch and vulnerability management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with data center infrastructure services and concepts: Virtualization, Storage, Networking, Compute, Cloud Infrastructure, Telephony, Automation & Orchestration, Disaster Recovery and High Availability.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure related security strategies and concepts. Works to and apply that knowledge to ensure all systems meet or exceed standards.
- Understanding of monitoring and alerting systems.
- Self-sufficient troubleshooter able to seek out answers or solutions to technical challenges with minimal assistance.
- Willingness to seek direction and guidance from teammates and managers.
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented with ability to maintain and organize workloads.
- Must be able to maintain highly confidential information.
- Effective communication skills, both written and orally.
- Demonstrate professional, friendly interaction with peers, non-it staff and vendors which are consistent with organizational values and philosophies.
- Willingness to grow individual technology skill proficiencies through continued education, training and certification opportunities related to areas of responsibility and interest.
- Able to handle aggressive mission critical deadlines and dynamic workloads.