"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. No sponsorship available at this time."
Solutions Point is recruiting for a Solutions Architect role for our good client. They are a Private Global Company with an IT staff of around 400 and around 5000 employees overall. This role will be designing, leading, and architecting the enterprise back office systems. The current suite of products consists of five platforms. This role will work on creating a consolidated backend application that will facilitate quicker installs and client migrations onto the go forward platform. The role will interface with executives, project managers, product managers and developers. This will be a remote role. Initially it is a 12 to 18 month contract for hire. The hourly rate will 85hr to 105hr. At conversion to permanent client offers great benefits to include 29 days Paid Time off first yr (holidays/vac/sic), matching 401k immediately vested, Med/Dental/Vision, LT/ST/Life Insurance, and more. They have offices all over the USA and abroad but again this work will be remote.
Title: Solutions Architect
Reports To: Director of Implementation
The Solutions Architect partners with stakeholders to explore, create, scope solutions. They own the technical design for projects based on client or internal needs assessed during the discovery/architecture phase. The Solutions Architect position acts as the primary Subject Matter Expert (SME) for diagnosing the strategic needs for our solutions and, as needed, developing the solution blueprint the projects. The Solution Architect serves as an internal SME to ensure knowledge transfer to other internal teams as part of the implementation process.
- Lead strategically across Trane Intelligent Services projects.
- Realize target architecture advancing business and information technology strategies.
- Handle high level system architectures and interfaces.
- Analyze current IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and suggest enhancement solutions.
- Analyze industry and market trends to identify impact on enterprise architecture.
- Lead architecture vision, design and documentation.
- Represent technical team to program managers and executive leadership.
- Communicate technical needs, opportunities and constraints to program managers and executive leadership.
- Function as subject matter expert and system architecture authority for systems integration.
- Lead on system design, architecture and integration.
- Lead project teams to use technology to support system architecture design.
- Approve high risk designs before execution and define solutions, strategy and enterprise architecture services.
- Lead, govern and collaborate across team development functions.
- Offer design leadership, input and manage system tradeoffs.
- Design and document key system components, interfaces, infrastructure and communications.
- Prior experience in a Solution Architecture or Technical Lead role
- Prior experience as a consultant specializing in needs assessment or possesses well developed consulting skills
- Proficient writer, able to contribute to the development of sales proposals
- Remains current with the state of development, design, new technologies and trends
- Ability to lead and facilitate collaborative meetings
- Self-motivated individual contributor who is comfortable learning new technologies and capabilities within them
- The ability to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- A creative thinker. Able to be resourceful solving formidable problems.
- IT Infrastructure and Cloud development
- Deep analytical skills
- 3-5 years of experience in Solution Architecture and /or technical lead role
- Experience architecting and implementing migration plans from legacy systems to new systems
- Experience and knowledge of .NET Core, React, Angular
- Savvy in navigation within technology and user interfaces
- Experience/knowledge in TOGAF documentation preferred
- Understanding security and compliance requirements
- Experience in JIRA, Confluence.