You will be working in a fast-paced environment with a team of highly skilled UNIX (Solaris and Linux) systems engineers to design, build, deploy, and support hardware and operating system infrastructure, SAN, backups and disaster recovery for applications that require 99.999% availability.
In this heterogeneous, distributed computing production environment you will work with vendors and research, evaluate, test and recommend hardware and supporting software components within the OS specialty area. You will be responsible for capacity planning, performance management, security management and fault management of production systems. You will also provide Tier III support for system hardware and OS related issues.
· Troubleshoot Tier III service impairments and maintain accurate documentation of related trouble tickets.
· Provide support for high availability NextGen 9-1-1 VoIP telephony signaling & voice networks.
· Support for SIP-based monitoring infrastructure and network capture tools
· Work with other teams to plan, design and implement systems in a heterogeneous, distributed computing production environment.
· Serve as an expert for SIP signaling related to Next Gen 9-1-1 call delivery.
· Install, provision and support NextGen 9-1-1 call routing and delivery systems.
· Document system configurations and operational procedures.
· Participate in ISO-9000, TL-9000, and ISO-27001 compliance and documentation activities.
· Provide technical expertise for future Comtech services in the telecommunications sector.
· Stay apprised of technological trends in telecommunications.
· Evaluate and select new telephony products.
· Provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotating basis.
· Work independently on projects as assigned.
· Other duties as assigned.
AS A SYSTEMS ENGINEER YOU WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE/SKILLS/EDUCATION:
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience and 3-5 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry.
· Hands on experience with SS7 protocols (must have)
· Experience supporting Sun Solaris Unix and Linux environments
· NextGen 9-1-1 knowledge
· Experience developing technical diagrams with Visio
· Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
· Willing to work overtime as necessary to meet project deadlines