myNetWatchman, LLC delivers fraud intelligence used to identify major threat actors and to detect and mitigate fraud perpetrated against financial services, telecom, insurance, health care, social media, and eCommerce businesses.
Role and Responsibilities
myNetWatchman has an immediate opening for an Atlanta, Georgia-based System Engineer. The role is a junior-level position reporting directly to the Lead Operations Engineer and responsible for executing on DevOps projects and maintaining a large virtual machine farm and its associated network, Big Data, and storage infrastructure. The System Engineer will be ultimately responsible for ensuring timely production and delivery of threat intelligence feeds to customers.
Whatever current skills are called for in this job description, the most important is networking. After that, we need you to be a skilled troubleshooter who’s hungry to learn. We offer an environment where you can test virtually anything, explore new technologies, get professional development opportunities, and work with people who are passionate about protecting others from fraud.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Systems administration skills with at least one year of experience with Linux in a professional setting or an educational equivalent
- Thorough understanding of network protocols, subnets, switching, routing, VLANS and network troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of network services such as SSH, DHCP and DNS.
- At least one year of experience troubleshooting IT issues in a professional setting or an educational equivalent
- Support growth needs and ongoing health of 1.7 PB Elasticsearch cluster and 2 PB CEPH cluster
- Execute on current plans to migrate to automated system deployment
- Implement and maintain configuration management
- Build and operate continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines using technologies
- Identify opportunities to deliver self-service capability for the most common infrastructure and application management tasks
- Manage tools and processes for monitoring, logging, and alerting across infrastructure and systems
- Write shell scripts in Bash or Python
- On-call availability--including nights and weekends--to ensure continuous operation of mission critical systems
- Maintain excellent communication with leadership on project developments, obstacles, and impediments
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 1-3 years experience with Linux System Administration
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies and open source networking
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure)
- Understanding of database replication, clustering technologies, high availability, and disaster recovery
- Familiarity with open source technology stack/tools such as Salt, Rundeck, kubernetes, ELK, Ansible, Gitlab, Grafana, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with root cause analysis and an emphasis on developing sustainable solutions
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Associate s degree or higher level of education in an information technology discipline or equivalent work experience
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorships are not available.
myNetWatchman is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, marital status, disability, age or genetic information.