Charlotte, NC Description: Title: RF Design (System Performance) Engineer Location: Charlotte, NC Duration: 12+ Months
RF Optimization for VoLTE LTE in an Ericsson infrastructure
Responsible for collecting and using hourly/daily service measurement data to optimize the network and reduce VoLTE/LTE lost calls and ineffective attempts; creating new cell site translations and neighbor lists in support of regional build program activity; support System Performance and RF Engineers in evaluating and improving areas of poor VoLTE coverage by identifying/analyzing service problems.
Reporting problems to appropriate engineers; resolving customer service issues and assist in implementing solutions.
Collect drive test data in support of performance evaluations and build program prioritization; troubleshooting and resolving VoLTE complaints and trouble tickets; creating maps for network optimization and planning; and conducting special engineering studies (Parameter audits, RF Call Trace).
Troubleshoot/resolve PIM and/or VSWR issues within the base station lines and antenna system.
Integrate and optimize new eNodeB's and AWS capacity additions into the existing network and stadium DAS networks.
BS in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience required 1-3 years of experience in the cellular or telecommunications' industry.
General understanding and or working knowledge in one or more of the following platforms and/or technologies:
- System Performance including: RF System Optimization techniques in VoLTE and LTE for Ericsson infrastructure. Data System Design / Optimization including: VoLTE / LTE / GSM /HSDPA cells infrastructure, RF Propagation
- Knowledge of DAS networks based on equipment from Commscope, TE Connectivity, Mobile Access and Solid. Operating systems and applications including: UNIX, Windows, MS Office, Actix, Windcatcher, WireShark, IrisView.
- Drive test equipment including: DataPro, Pilot scanners, TEMS Symphony/Discovery, Spectrum analyzers, PR100, DDF007, ZKSam Cell Test, QXDM/QPST.
- Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, ArcGIS, MapInfo, GeoPlan, Ericsson OSS Must have a results based approach, analytical thought process, approachable interpersonal and communication skills.
- Driving required throughout central SC approx. 10% of time.
- Ability to drive a company vehicle is preferred with proper insurance, otherwise mileage may be expensed through Fieldglass.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com