Perform system engineering tasks merging complex hardware solutions with custom non-commercial software programs. Perform trade studies, design and technology assessments for emerging software or hardware technology. Creates detailed software development documentation. Test, debug, and modify custom software applications as part of a team working an overall systems software development and improvement process. Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
- Manages/derives and captures program requirements including interface design specifications, algorithm development and selection, component requirements, and functional block diagrams.
- Support software developers in their testing capabilities: Run unit tests and maintain/modify to establish code coverage while working directly with developers.
- Perform design analysis, technology assessments, and trade studies.
- Develop utilities to resolve HW, SW, and operability issues.
- Support Lab HW standup and SW integration in a laboratory environment and at customer locations.
- Experience with requirements derivation and capture.
- Experience with complex systems development and evaluation.
- Experience with interface requirements and component level requirements .
- Ability to Design, implement, and assess software in complex systems.
- Sound Knowledge of Java/C++ development required.
- Knowledge of LINUX OS, Google Protocol Buffers and AMQP a plus.
- Experience implementing and customizing common commercial and open source tool suites.
- Strong communication skills with developers to explain design issues and solutions to developers.
- Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
- Highly Desirable Skills:
- Strong experience at the Linux command line.
- Knowledge and experience of image processing technologies and SMPTE Standards.
- Perform testing HW/OS/Drivers/Firmware/Network issues.
- Understanding of automated build processes/practices and code management techniques.
- Additional Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and one to five year’s professional experience.
- Proactive/self-starter. Task driven with ability to work independently.
- Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
Contract Term: Full-Time Employee, 40 hours/week.
Start Date: Negotiable
Job Location: Manassas, VA
Gromelski and Associates is a proud Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/ Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulations