Travel around San Jose only - reimbursed for mileage
Client is a leading provider of IT support services and technology solutions with headquarters in the Bay Area. They specialize in providing IT Services, IT Support on premise or remote, COLO support, IT consulting, and Cloud hosting and cloud services. Our team is comprised of experts in infrastructure, applications, business processing, and project management. Our clients include high-tech start-ups, small to mid-sized companies, large enterprises, and local branches of well-known global titans.
You will work in an environment that fosters and rewards creativity and ingenuity. We're looking for bright and energetic people to complement our growing and dynamic team. This is a great opportunity to be exposed to the latest technologies and solutions from numerous enterprise perspectives, and not just be cubby-holed at a single employer.
We have an immediate opening for a Windows Systems Engineer to support their San Jose and South Bay customers.
The Windows Systems Engineer will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day support at client sites and via remote support to support a wide array of customers and their operational and technology needs. 60% in office support and 40% client onsite.
- Provide day to day support of client networks, servers, storage, and overall infrastructure.
- Maintain our clients' IT infrastructure both remotely and at customer site(s) when needed.
- Help architect and implement a wide range of IT projects, such as high-availability, and virtualization.
- Be the escalation path for issues that desktop engineers or helpdesk staff are not able to resolve.
- Work closely with Managers, Service Coordinators, and other Engineers to meet customer service-level commitments, and provide world-class customer service.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network and system issues, remote or on premise as needed.
- Positively and professionally represent the face of the company with our clients.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- 5+ years of experience with administering, configuring, optimizing, and maintaining Windows-based networks and servers.
- Strong experience with Active Directory, Exchange, and Windows security implementation.
- Some hands-on experience with routers, switches, and firewalls (Cisco, SonicWALL, Dell, Fortinet).
- Some hands-on experience with heavily virtualized environments (VMware, Hyper-V, or XenServer).
- Familiarity with on premise and cloud based backup solutions and cloud based email systems (Office 365).
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision, and excellent time management.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- CCNA or equivalent experience is desired.
- MSCE or equivalent experience is desired.
- Technical Certifications a definite plus.
- A.S. or B.S. in information systems or related field is preferred.
- 5+ years experience working in information technology is required.
If you are interested and qualified, please email your resume to email@example.com