|Posting Title||Systems/Network Engineer|
|Full Time / Part-Time||Full Time|
|Description||SYSTEMS/ NETWORK ENGINEER (SWF-17-2247-F) |
Bowhead is seeking a Systems/Network Engineer for support services for the Strategic Weapons Facility, Atlantic on Naval Submarine Base, Kings Bay, GA (SWFLANT). The Systems/Network Engineer will provide connectivity troubleshooting and support in response to Help Desk service requests to assist onsite Network contractor with network troubleshooting and provide liaison to the SSP and SPK community.
Responsibilities to include:
• Provide connectivity troubleshooting and support in response to Help Desk service requests.
• Install, configure, operate and maintain wireless and wired classified and unclassified networks used for accessing the Secret Internet Protocol Routed Network (SIPRNET) and Non-secure Internet Routed Network (NIPRNET).
• Responsible for all locally installed hardware and software, file servers, routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, fiber modems and encryption devices.
• Install, configure, operate and maintain SWFLANT’s VMware Infrastructure using Vsphere 5.5 ESXi Servers and VMware Virtual Center Server. Strong knowledge in physical server to virtual server conversions.
• Install, configure, operate, and maintain SWFLANT’s classified and unclassified enterprise e-mail systems.
• Maintain exchange recipient containers for e-mail addresses of SWFLANT and various government/contractor personnel.
• Install, configure, operate and maintain client/server database software required to support the business requirements of SWFLANT personnel.
• Provide system backup and recovery services in accordance with documented backup guidelines, including development of the system backup and recovery plan.
• Manage network servers and the following core service applications: Domain Controllers; Host Based Security System (HBSS), Dynamic Host C Protocol (DHCP), WINS, print and file servers, backup devices, application servers (Exchange, IIS, SQL, SharePoint), and maintain maintenance/change logs for all servers.
• 4+ years of related experience.
• CompTIA Security + or Government approved equivalent.
• Cyber Security Workforce required operating system certification or Government approved equivalent.
• VMware 5.5 or later Certification is highly desirable.
• All certifications requirements must be met within six months of contract award date for existing personnel and six months from hire date for new personnel.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to maintain a security clearance at the TOP SECRET level. US Citizenship is a requirement for TOP SECRET clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UICÆs Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. Applicants may be subject to a random drug screen, and must follow UICÆs Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
All candidates must at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicantÆs resume/application may be subject to verification.
JOB LINK: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=19604