Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general. Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us. After you apply to this job posting, we’ll consider you for this job as well as any other potential matches with our client companies. If we have any potential matches, we’ll share your resume with those companies and contact you about any interview opportunities we can get you. Thank you, and we wish you a great job search!
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Systems / Site Reliability / Devops Engineer – Crypto Hedge Fund
(it will be a mix of about 20-30% DevOps, 50-60% systems administration on AWS, and 10-30% data engineering)
Location: you can either work remotely or in one of the company's offices in San Francisco, Menlo Park, New York, Miami, or Puerto Rico.
The company is a leading investment firm that specializes in crypto / blockchain investments, and their team includes some of the biggest names in the blockchain space.
Working at this company could be a good fit for someone who is interested in the world of hedge funds, venture capital, quantitative trading, data science, blockchain, and/or cryptocurrency.
The company will pay a base salary of up to $250k, plus annual performance bonuses. The amount of performance bonuses could range widely based on company performance and individual performance, but are expected to bring total compensation to as high as $300k-500k/year.
- Managing Cloud Infrastructure - Managing multi-region AWS VPC resources with a focus on high performance machine learning inference and robust process automation.
- Optimizing monthly cost and compute for all research and technical requirements of the firm’s investments and analytics.
- Database Administration - Administering, maintaining, optimizing, and supporting all database solutions of the firm’s data. That includes including time series (Druid/Timestream/Quasar), low-latency (Redis/Memcached), data warehouse (AWS Redshift), and relational (MySQL) databases.
- DevOps - Developing and optimizing solutions for VCS, CICD, and process automation for the firm’s internal software development objectives.
- Interest in blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- Proficiency in scripting in Python.
- Strong in AWS.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to do some data engineering.
- Experience with tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, AWS CLI, and AWS Fargate.
- Understanding of network architecture (OSI stack, TCP/IP).
- Understanding of cybersecurity risk factors for cloud and on-site systems.
- Understanding of virtualization (Parallels, Virtual Box) and containerization (Docker) platforms.
- Familiarity with software automation platforms for continuous integration (Jenkins/CircleCI), build management (Bazel), issue tracking (JIRA/Bamboo), distributed computing, etc.
Nice to have:
- Experience in fintech or trading, quantitative trading, or cyber security
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer with skill in compiled programming languages.
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: