Come join our IT Department that is under great and exciting leadership! Don’t just join a company… come be a part of one of the fastest growing Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management organizations in the nation! We offer paid training, full benefits, and a 401k plan! There is also an employee referral program that could land you an extra $500 to $1,000 for each referred employee that is hired.
AMCOL Systems, Inc. an Annuity Health Company specializing in Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management that has branch locations in Illinois and South Carolina is currently seeking a Systems & Network Administrator to work in the South Carolina branch located in Columbia, SC.
The Systems and Network Administrator will work in a fast-paced Revenue Cycle environment performing all phases of application systems analysis and design. Prepares detailed specifications from which all systems are designed, implemented, maintained. Designs, tests, documents, and debugs complex systems. The Systems & Network Administrator is also responsible for protecting AMCOL, an Annuity Health Company and our clients integrity and confidentiality.
The Systems and Network Administrator sets up, configures, and supports internal and/or external networks. Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations. Troubleshoots network performance issues and assists with disaster recovery plan. Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment. Provides technical support and guidance to users. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Additional work may be required in addition to work schedule.
- Design / Implement / Maintain / Administer / Ensure Cyber Security and compliance are maintained.
- Design / Implement / Maintain / Administer Windows servers
- Design / Implement / Maintain / Administer Office 365 / Outlook 365 / other System applications
- Design / Implement / Maintain / Administer Servers, Routers, Switches, other smart hardware systems
- Design / Implement / Maintain / Administer VMware
- Design / Implement / Maintain / Administer PBX systems (Avaya/Cisco)
- Design / Implement / Maintain / Administer new software releases and system upgrades
- Design / Implement / Maintain / Administer Active Directory (including systems and users)
- Design / Implement / Maintain / Administer Databases
- Design / Implement / Maintain / Administer Security Appliances (Firewall/VPN) [Cisco/Paloalto]
- Monitor application operations and tune for optimal performance and respond to issues.
- Resolve Software or Hardware related issues, implement fast resolutions to ensure up-time.
- Ensure all data is backed up securely and efficiently to ensure no data loss.
- Create/Update user manuals and FAQs for the applications and systems to ensure users understand how to use it.
- Analyze issues with application operations and propose solutions.
- Capacity planning including systems, storage, and user needs.
- Respond to Helpdesk tickets by asking questions to determine the nature of the need or issue.
- Takes ownership of and troubleshoot problems and follow through to resolution.
- Document all procedures and configurations
- Work as a team member to assist as needed
- All other duties as assigned by management
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a fulltime position. The schedule for this position will be Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm, with the ability to have flexible hours based on the business need.
Education Experience and Skills:
- Associate degree in Information Systems or one year of directly related experience in IT Support, required.
- Possesses a strong technical understanding of the various hardware, software and networking systems.
- Experience deploying and maintaining Windows based servers including Active Directory
- Experience in Cisco / Paloalto hardware/network administration
- Experience deploying and maintaining VMWare
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure and security concepts and principles
- Extensive experience with VPN and firewall configuration, installation and administration
- Experience with DB2, MS-SQL, Visual Studio (VB.NET, C#) [FoxPro/Access], preferred.
- Understanding of file processing a bonus
- Microsoft products and OS knowledge required
- Ability to multitask
- Critical Thinking
- Project Management and Project Execution
- Ability to meet deadlines