Systems Admin/Desktop Support Engineer (120k-150k base plus bonus)Summary
A tech focused hedge fund in NYC is looking to add a desktop support engineer to their systems support team. This team is responsible for supporting the complete user environment, facing off with anyone from developers to business users. This engineer will work in a dynamic role handling issues including networking, Virtualization, Windows, Linux, Windows Server, Exchange, automation. A successful engineer in this role will have a passion about technology in and out of a work place environment, and a want to learn and grow in the tech community, and will need to have a customer service mindset as they are responsible for the user experience. Responsibilities
- Act as point of contact for Windows and Linux systems support and maintenance for all users
- Ensure delivery of new technologies deployed to end users
- Actively troubleshooting and resolving of hardware, software, OS, and network related issues
- Maintaining customer service standards
- Handling additional responsibilities based on skillsets
NOT IN THE JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Bachelor's degree (preferred to be in a computer science, or tech related field)
- Experience with facing off with users and customer service
- Understanding of Networking and systems technologies
- Experience in Windows (Active directory, Exchange Server, Basic troubleshooting)
- Knowledge of, or experience with scripting including PowerShell, Python, VB, Bash etc.
- Knowledge of, or experience with Linux/Unix
- Demonstrated passion for technology
The IT infrastructure department is in the build-out phase of a new engineering team focused on desktop development and integration for advanced user productivity. That new team is pulling current system admins from this L2 team thus the need to hire multiple Sys Admins.
The firm also does an excellent job of mentoring junior talent in areas of demonstrated specialized interest.