Description Job Description:
The Leidos Enterprise and Cyber Solutions Operation is looking for a Systems Administration Tier II Support specialist who will be a key member of a dynamic, multi-disciplined team supporting the Mission Partner Environment - Services (MPE-S) contract at the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) at Ft. Meade. The Air Force Mission Partner Capabilities Office (MPCO) will execute the MPE-S contract, with responsibility for modernization, management, integration and consolidation of multiple programs and networks, including CENTRIXS, CFBLNet, BICES, BICES-X, Pegasus, APAN and the MPE-IS. The enterprise Mission Partner Environment will enable essential collaboration between the DoD and U.S. Coalition partners, connecting nearly 45,000 global users in support of the mission. This role will organize and direct the configuration and operation of information management systems.Please Note:
This role supports a 24 x 7 operation and, therefore, may require rotating shifts.
An active Secret/SSBI Clearance is required.Primary Responsibilities
- Directs the work of other system administrators to provide the day-to-day system administration to include system and resource optimization, and user assistance.
- Conducts capacity and performance analysis, and provides system configuration change and upgrade recommendations.
- Organize and direct the configuration and operation of information management systems.
- Increases system administrator efficiency and accuracy via the use of automated tools and scripts, develops system administrator procedures, and conducts system administrator training and skills assessment.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting complex tier II hardware/software PC problems
- Provides phone support to users in the areas of e-mail/exchange, print services, directories, standard Windows desktop applications, chat, and SharePoint
- Provides 2nd level support for DNS, Group Policies, Domain Services, Database Servers, VOIP, XMPP, McAfee Anti-Virus, ACAS, vCenter, WSUS, SolarWinds, and File Servers
- Provides 2nd level support for routers, switches, firewalls, and network infrastructure
- Answers and addresses trouble calls from Customers and Tier I organizations
- Creates and Updates trouble tickets in DISA's Global Ticketing Management System (Remedy trouble ticket system)
- Compiles analysis of trouble tickets to provide monthly trending reports
- Monitors status of open tickets and reporting progress at the weekly operations meeting with the customer
- Builds briefing slides concerning trouble ticket progress as required
- Escalates trouble tickets to third level engineers when unable to address at the tier II level
- Provides 24 by 7 call center support
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Network Engineering, Math) OR at least ten years of general experience of which ten years is directly related experience.
- Five years direct experience with DoD/Military/Agency projects supporting IT networks
- Must hold active, in scope DOD Top Secret Clearance
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certified
- Technical cert - Microsoft/OS, VMware, CCNA, Juniper, or SolarWinds cert
- Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required.
External Referral Bonus:
- ITIL V3 Foundations certificate
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.