Description Job Description:
The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Systems Administrator Level 3 and Site Lead at Fort Meade, MD (AFSC).
The Systems Administrator will support the US Army INSCOM IT Support Services program. The ideal candidate will lead the team that is responsible for IT repair, maintenance, operations, and engineering services to ensure that the organization's information technology infrastructure is operating securely, reliably and efficiently.
This individual also acts as the Site Lead addressing local staffing and reporting requirements, interfacing across multiple teams, with the local Government Customer leadership and reporting up the Leidos Program Manager.
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions
- Install, administer, and maintain Windows servers, workstations, laptops, and basic cabling as part of the overall systems architecture across multiple networks and locations
- Install, administer and maintain virtual environments and physical hosts and storage devices
- Administer Active Directory, Domain Controller, Terminal Server and Exchange services
- Apply security patches, IAVAs, STIGS, and updates for all assigned systems
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Utilize manual checks, GUI-based, and command line tools (PowerShell) to troubleshoot and remediate basic to complex systems hardware, software, and configuration issues
- Collect, review, and store server log files to identify and remediate system issues.
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Manage day-to-day IT operations, including service desk, desktop, server, storage, and network administration, VTC operations, hardware support; manage personnel and their operational and project-related workloads.
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers and clearly communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Propose new technology, lead and manage special projects, develop project plans with customer input and manage project operations from customer provided requirements
- Implement and manage disaster recovery and COOP plans, systems, and operations.
- Document system configurations and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Acts as first-level supervisor for site employees. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians and assists Service Desk technicians as needed with Tier I and Tier II troubleshooting
- Bachelor's degree in technology related field with 6+ years of experience with either Systems Administration, Network Administration, Database Administration.
- Large Enterprise-level IT experience with maintenance of servers, storage devices and applications
- Experience managing virtualization solutions such as VMware & Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience with deploying & hardening Windows Server 2012 R2, Server 2016, Server 2019
- Variety of system administration experience in areas such as AD, SCOM, SCCM, IIS, SQL, DSUW, Remedy ITSM, M3, Exchange, Linux, Unix, patch management
- Knowledge of IT service desk requirements and management software
- Ability to complete difficult and complex assignments independently
- Experience working with demanding high ranking customers and staff
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of at least ten IT professionals; Willingness to work as part of a technical team, both as member and as site lead
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01 certification at IAT Level II, such as Security+ CE
- Currently possess Computing Environment certification such as MCSA: Windows Server 2016 or Role-based Microsoft Certified Associate in relevant area
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI security clearance
- Currently possess MCSE or Role-based Microsoft Certified Expert in relevant area
- Currently possess CCNP or CCSP
- ITILv3 certification