This will begin as a 6 month contract but the potential for extension and right to hire is there. Must have level 2 experience supporting Office 365
Can be located in NYC downtown or Farmington CT location
Send resumes to email@example.com for consideration with hourly rate
The Systems Administrator position will be expected to deliver IT support to employees globally.
- Handling technically complex incidents and changes
- Owning, leading and driving issues to resolution
- Repair and maintain user technology environments which support end user productivity
- You’re a natural communicator who will help improve employee mobility, productivity, teamwork and security demonstrating your experience in application support for Office 365 solutions. Your interpersonal and communication skills help technical and non-technical clients engage with often complex information
- Strong technical ability in identifying, analyzing and resolving client problems and concerns associated with office automation, equipment, hardware and software, to the client’s satisfaction
- Provide system level support of multi-user operations systems, hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance and support of these systems.
- Work with IT Global Services Manager and IT staff to prioritize, escalate and manage open incidents based on priority and resource availability
- Create/document helpdesk tickets for all reports of information systems problems including system unavailability, unacceptable response time, unauthorized access, missing files, and virus infections
- The ability to independently follow existing processes and procedures
- Immediately notifies the IT Global Services Manager if an information security incident meets the escalation criteria established by the team
- Remain familiar with the current organizational structure, the information systems related activities performed by other organizational unites and to the current version of information security policies and procedures
- Document relevant technical information.
- Assist with Infrastructure team with local hardware if needed
- Provide user side support for System Administrators
- Responsible for initiating and monitoring service calls with external vendors through to completion.
- Foster cooperation among team members including assisting with high priority calls or peak workload
- Ability to work extended hours/weekends and holidays as needed. Available for early morning and evening Helpdesk coverage as assigned
Excellent technical skills with proficiency in:
- 5+ years of experience in application support for Office 365 solutions, Active Directory/Azure Domain, Group Polices, MDM, Desktop Security (Bit locker/McAfee/Other), Virtual Desktops (VMware/ Citrix)
- 3+ years working in Office 365 and deploying/supporting a large-scale enterprise. Intune, OneDrive, Exchange Online, Skype/Teams
- 3+ years of experience managing Microsoft OS & MAC OS image, deployment and updates. Office 365 AD Account Administration, Group Policies, Desktop deployment/Software Inventory tools such as PDQ/SCCM
- Expert technical knowledge of PC Operating Systems including Window 10 & Mac OS and IOS
- 3+ years of experience managing PC procurement, deployment, and remote management of users/equipment. Atlassian Jira Service Desk experience preferred.
- Auditing tools such as Netwrix
- Cloud File Sharing products such as OneDrive/Box and Druva for backup
- Unified Communication platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Avaya, Polycom, and Cisco
Vertex Solutions Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.