SAIC is seeking a candidate that will provide platform operations and maintenance (O&M) support for Windows Active Directory environments.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- O&M of multiple enterprise Windows Active Directory environments and support of the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) used to deliver desktop environments to the user base
- Troubleshoot server issues, manage print servers, and perform escalation support and performance monitoring
- Provide dedicated support for troubleshooting of platform issues and user questions; work with users to resolve tickets
- Schedule, plan, and implement system upgrades for multiple environments
- Patch and maintain infrastructure systems to be compliant with security scans
- Work with engineering to improve the supportability of the domains and maintain the application delivery systems
- Configure and maintain the domain certificate infrastructure, print services, and group policies
- Provide direct support to other Server Infrastructure teams and cross train to alleviate single points of failure and meet ongoing responsibilities
- Investigate, evaluate, and recommend other viable hardware and software solutions as appropriate; identify efficiency opportunities
- Interpret and implement system standards, process, and security specifications to maintain organizational IT standards
- Provide formal documentation and status reports to fulfill organizational compliance requirements and to serve as reference material for other teams Qualifications
- Must currently possess an active TS/SCI with FS
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 4+ years of experience in system administration; if no degree, 6+ years' experience in system engineering or related field.
- 4+ years of Windows Systems Administration experience
- Hands-on experience with Windows 2012R2
- Knowledge of and experience with application delivery solutions
- Experience supporting a medium sized (~500) user environment
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and verbal/written communication skills.
My SAIC Benefits.