Army Emergency Relief is a private non-profit charity providing financial assistance to Soldiers and their Families. The System Administrator supports AER s mission by performing a wide range of hands on IT functions including SQL Server Database, computer systems and network related administration tasks. This position requires a seasoned IT professional with a wide range of technical experience. Duties are performed in a fast-paced work environment requiring the ability to adapt to changing priorities and technical challenges.
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Installs, administers, and supports AER software applications including, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Online, and Microsoft based Server and Client Operating Systems.
- Provides Systems Administration tasks to include installing new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches, and resolves software related problems.
- Performs or assists in configuring, optimizing and the monitoring operating systems and servers, performing system backups and recovery, and conduct desktop and server builds. Work is performed on both physical and virtual server environments.
- Serves as the backup domain administrator to include creating, modifying and deleting user accounts, using a working knowledge of Active Directory operations.
- Ensures systems are properly documented, controlled for change and monitored for uptime and performance, keeping complete records and documentation as required by AER policies and internal controls.
- Provides User Support and Desktop Systems Administration to include installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting desktops, scanners, laptops, printers and installing desktop application and operating system software, coordinating and implementing network and desktop software and hardware upgrades, troubleshooting and resolving LAN/WAN performance, connectivity, and related network problems using standard and custom tool sets.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer science or equivalent technical experience documented by industry recognized technical certifications.
- A minimum of 4 years job-related technical experience.
- Experience in supporting VMWare environments.
- Experience in supporting a Windows desktop environment with ability to build, maintain, update, and support both desktop and server environments.
- In depth familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the information technology field, including Dept of Defense Risk Management Framework standards.
Benefits: Defined Contribution Pension Plan - 403(b); Corporation Paid Life Insurance, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Long Term Disability Insurance, Health Flexible Spending Account, Paid Parking, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick leave, Paid Holidays, and Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) increases.