Cincinnati Bell is currently searching for a Systems Administrator to build, configure, patch, monitor and support an enterprise back office of Microsoft servers. This is a fulltime role that will require the candidate to be onsite daily once Covid restrictions are revoked.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and evaluate existing network setups and recommend improvements
- Resolve issues with client network devices (MS Servers, Network Printers, Desktops/Laptops smartphones, PC/Server Hardware upgrades)
- Candidates must have experience building a MS Server (2012/2016/2019) from scratch as an application server.
- Provide Active Directory user and device administration to include Group Policy experience
- Provide daily administration of Server environment performing patching and updating of OS and Applications.
- Monitor network and server infrastructure
- Provide Level 2 Support on desktop and server environment
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Plan and administer network security measures to prevent breaches
- Execute sensitive data backup and restoration procedures
- Coordinate additional resources needed to accomplish requested tasks including client vendor
- Provide technical support (all-levels) to customers via phone, email and through our ticketing system, developing a rapport as a trusted resource for them
- Respond to service requests in a timely manner (meeting or exceeding our contracted SLAs)
- Properly classify (priority/categorize) all service requests within our ticket system.
- Escalate service requests which you cannot resolve to meet client expectations
- Recommend improvements to our internal processes to maximize customer service levels
- Train end-users on hardware and software operations as needed
- Types of certifications preferred to see but not required: A+, MCP, Network+, Security+
- Infrastructure skills capable of configuring enterprise - Cisco Routers (vLans/(BGP-EIGRP-OSPF)/HSRP/os updates), ASA Firewalls (VPN’s/Rules/ACL’s), Managed Switches.
- Virtualization experience in either VMware ESXi or Hyper-V. Capable of allocating resources among Guests on each host and ability to create a virtualized guest server.
- Basic PowerShell or Scripting experience to automate daily tasks
- Experience working with Configuration Management tools such as (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt)
- Experience working with Active Directory components (DNS, DHCP, PKI (Certificate Server), Trusts, IIS, SCCM, SCOM)
- Basic build and configuration of Linux Servers (RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS) to include basic Bash/scripting knowledge.
- Storage knowledge of SANs and NAS devices
- Experience with enterprise backup tools such as Avamar or Commvault
Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.