CoStar provides industry professionals and consumers of commercial real estate and apartments with critical knowledge to explore and complete transactions by offering the most comprehensive, timely and standardized information on commercial real estate and apartments and the right innovative tools to be able to effectively utilize that information.
We are looking experienced systems engineers/ administrators to be part of the IT infrastructure team covering over 3500 servers and 6PB of storage across 8 global data centers and 2 clouds to support web applications that serve millions of customers every day.
As a systems enginer you are a self-starter, love the challenge of helping resolve problems, building solutions to help the company scale. You are an expert in PowerShell and other wide reaching tools to automate and orchestrate systems provisioning, administration, and routine operations tasks .
* Sustain operations of all data centers, servers, storage, COTS applications and tools
* Triage trouble tickets related to servers, storage, and server-based applications.
* Respond to automated monitors and alerts to troubleshoot servers and systems
* Deploy new servers and applications to support new web development initiatives and meet business requirements
Skills and experience:
* B.S. in Computer Science or a Related Field.
* 3+ years of experience in a Data Center environment
* Windows Server 2008/2012 expertise.
* Experience in server monitoring, backup, and patch management
* Demonstrates knowledge with a scripting platform (PowerShell, Python, Bash)
* Expertise in at least 2 of the following areas:
-> Patch management through WSUS, Systems Center Configuration Manager, or IBM BigFix.
-> Security tools such as McAfee, Symantec, Nexpose, Retina, Qradar, or Splunk
-> Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp, and VDI
-> VRanger, EMC Data Domain, Backup Exec, Data Protection Suite, and Spectra Logic
-> Email, IM, and FAX tools such as Microsoft Exchange, Lync, PowerMTA, RightFax
-> LDAP and SSO tools such as Active Directory, OpenLDAP, Ping, OneLogin, Okta
-> Monitoring tools such as SCOM, Nagios, Keynote, AppDynamics, and Icinga
-> Virtualization with VMware VCAC with VSphere, ESX, vCenter, Microsoft Azure with -> Hyper-V, Virtual Machine Manager (VMM)
-> Advanced customization and configuration of COTS helpdesk tools such as ServiceNow, Jira, Systems Center Service Manager, or BMC RemedyForce.
-> EndPoint Configuration management tools such as Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), or IBM Tivoli End Point Manager (BigFix).
-> Cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) S3 and EC2, OpenStack, Azure, and Akamai
-> Collaboration and file sharing tools such as SharePoint, OneDrive, and Box
* Experience supporting leading edge hardware technology such as Cisco UCS Blades, HP Blades, NetApp FAS, Dell Compellent, HPE 3PAR, EMC VNX, EMC VPlex, EMC DataDomain, F5 Load balancers
* Familiarity with Unix, RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, and Linux derivatives a plus
* Layer 2 switching understanding as it pertains to interconnecting SAN, VMware and blades
* Strong event correlation and root cause analysis skills. You must be able to look at numerous events and data points and formulate an accurate root cause analysis
* One or more related certifications such as VMware VCAP, EMC EMCISA, MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, Cisco DCUCS preferred
Normal working hours are standard Monday through Friday business hours. However, this position also requires participation in a 24x7 on-call rotation and off hour's maintenance windows
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing