Job Title: Systems Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Information Technology Manager
The Dallas Police & Fire Pension System is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator to utilize their knowledge and technological skills to serve an essential role in keeping the operating system functioning efficiently. In this role, the individual will support the network as a whole, making routine improvements and updates to ensure the system can handle all networking tasks and meet security requirements. Work is performed under limited supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Maintains and supports the integrity of the operating system environment and various computer systems.
- Administers, installs, and troubleshoots a variety of operating systems.
- Monitors network performance and performs testing to provide a diagnosis of issues and to assist with the deployment of solutions.
- Ensure that the VMWare infrastructure maintains resilient, secure, and efficient operations.
- Performs systems maintenance tasks, such as system back-up, recovery, and file maintenance. Schedules, installs, and tests system software upgrades.
- Additionally, configures software and resolves technical problems.
- Contributes to overall information systems planning.
- Provides tier one support for staff and member’s portal.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information.
- Organizational, time management, and multitasking skills required.
- Follows through on commitments; is reliable, conscientious, and dependable.
- Extremely detailed oriented.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Able to manage projects. Uses time effectively.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency.
- Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems or related software.
- Adaptive to daily demands and adjust priorities as directed by management.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a bachelor's degree or its equivalent.
- Five years of related experience preferred.
- This is a full-time 40 hour per week exempt role with standard hours from 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM Monday - Friday at DPFP's office. (4100 Harry Hines Blvd. Ste. 100 Dallas, TX 75219)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy equipment and materials, up to 50 lbs. frequently, and sometimes more than 50 lbs.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Our benefits package includes retirement plans (Texas Municipal Retirement System cash balance defined benefit plan and 457 deferred compensation plan administered by Voya), health, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability insurance, long term care, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, health reimbursement account, paid vacation, holidays, sick time, and free parking.
Interested parties should email their resume to email@example.com. Please include “Systems Administrator” in the subject line.
The Dallas Police & Fire Pension System provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.