Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
The Systems Administrator will support our users from our office in Milwaukee, WI as well as our other locations in United States and Canada. This role includes a full benefits package, stability, and working in a relaxed environment.
- Deploy new systems and enhancements to existing systems, software, and operating systems
- Assist in cost-benefit analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network and systems administration, usage, and disaster recovery
- Build, maintain and follow Standard Operation Procedures
- Configure systems and networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Perform high-level root cause analysis for service interruption recovery and creating preventive measures
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems
- Record and submit daily, accurate time-cards in support of project invoicing/billing
- Other duties and projects as required by the company
- At least 5 or more years of professional work experience.
- Experience supporting virtual servers and Windows technologies.
- Excellent software and network troubleshooting experience
- Experience with virtual technologies. VMWare and/or Hyper-V Management and Implementation
- Experience implementing and supporting Active Directory, Group Policy, File Server, Print Server.
- DHCP, DNS.
- Networking experience with VPN and firewalls, preferably Cisco.
- NetApp Storage Management.
- Experience with writing complex PowerShell management scripts
- Exceptional documentation skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve complicated technical issues
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to work within a diverse geographically-distributed team
- Willing to adjust work schedule to accommodate business needs