Kabbage is blazing a trail in big data and FinTech and we are looking for a Systems Engineer to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is more than a lender for small businesses; our data and technology platform is now being used as a fully branded product by other lenders, and our products are expanding. We’ve received numerous awards & recognition, including Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work , “36 th fastest growing company in the US” on the INC 500 List, Fast Company’s "Top 10 most innovative companies in finance" and Forbes' "America’s Top 100 Most Promising Companies" among others.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensure high availability and optimal performance of mission critical corporate systems.
- Develop new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts, and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
- Monitor and manage the day-to-day operations of the Atlassian product suite.
- Install, configure, upgrade, and monitor all corporate IT systems and networks.
- Help the team evolve current processes with an eye towards automating the repetitive tasks so the humans can focus on solving the hard problems
What we're looking for in you:
- Resilience : Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress; remains composed and productive under pressure/stress.
- Proactivity : Proactive, self-driven, curious, loves learning.
- Communication : Communicates information, ideas, and concepts clearly.
- Flexibility : Cool with quickly changing priorities and conditions; copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Initiative : Challenges self to figure out how something works or actively find ways to improve the experience of our users and our internal processes: “How can I make things better?”
What you should have:
- Strong, practical Linux and Windows-based system administration skills in a cloud or virtualized environment.
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3).
- Solid understanding of system security and best practices.
- Solid understanding of networking protocols.
- Deep hands-on experience in infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization.
- Excellent presentation and people skills with the ability to drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management, and risk mitigation.
- Experience with managing Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory administration.
- Experience with integration of cloud services with on-prem technologies from Microsoft, Cisco, etc.
- Experience in at least one scripting language, such as Bash, Python, or Powershell.
- Experience performing software configuration and troubleshooting for Mac, Windows, and video conferencing technologies such as Cisco Webex and Telepresence.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel to branch office locations when needed. (less than 10% travel annually)
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.
- Our people! We are very proud of our people, our products, and our fun, friendly, and passionate culture.
- Equity: everyone’s an owner!
- Full coverage of individual health benefits.
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches daily.
- Casual work environment: just cover all of the requisite parts!
- Top of the line hardware.