Systems Administrator Opening in Lexington, MA!
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a Systems Administrator
role in the Lexington, MA area.
This is a 1+ year contract
position and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience. Here are the details:
For applicants who are interested in this Systems Administrator opportunity; please send a Word resume to Molly Ackerman, Technical Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org **CANDIDATES MUST HAVE Active DoD secret clearance with the ability to obtain DoD Top SECRET** Position:
Systems Administrator Apex Job ID:
Lexington, MA Rate:
Negotiable based on experience Duration:
1+ year Position Description:
- Maintains operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination of infrastructure and cloud responsibilities. Develops and designs core operating system builds.
- Responsible for coding, virtualization, and automation of systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains an active directory of users and system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space.
- Assesses and resolves user access problems related to security controls to minimize business impact and risk exposure.
- Identifies and evaluates vendor products and establishes vendor monitoring and tracking processes.
- Performs capacity planning and monitors/tunes systems.
- Recommends appropriate platforms for purchase, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery.
- Serves as a point of escalation for major incidents that are unresolved at the helpdesk level.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May draft general IT communications to end-users including notifications of outages/downtimes.
- May serve as the primary liaison for mergers, acquisitions, and divesture activities as it relates to user access, network, security, and support.
- Active DoD secret clearance with the ability to obtain DoD Top SECRET.
- It is essential that the candidate is team-centered, capable of working with minimal supervision as needed and can complete tasks to ensure the needs of the user community are met.
- This role requires excellent communication skills, both with team members, vendors and technical/non-technical users at different levels throughout the organization.
- Possess a sincere desire to work in a highly visible research and development organization
Candidates must be US citizens able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense security clearance as a condition of employment Additional Benefits:
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, 401K, medical/health benefits options, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit! Perks:
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.