Description Job Description:
The Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a talented Systems Administrator to come work in our state of the art facility in Morgantown, WV to help us shape, develop, and deliver new software solutions leveraging the latest cloud technologies to our customers and launch new products and capabilities.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for managing configuration and operation of client/server/cloud-based system, including ESXi Server, LAN/WAN Equipment, Windows Servers, Linux Servers, Windows PCs, MacOSX, Atlassian products (JIRA Confluence, BitBucket,etc), AWS, and LDAP. Optimizes system operation and resource utilization and performs system capacity analysis and planning. Provides assistance to users in accessing and using systems. Also responsible for administering, monitoring, and maintaining local networks and servers.
- You will provide support in the following areas and manage associated system infrastructures and any processes related to these systems:
- Implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of multiple systems (both customer-facing and internal programs).
- Plan for infrastructure support and upgrades that support corporate network initiatives
- Troubleshooting affected systems in lab environment and deployed systems (possibly via HelpDesk if applicable), including day-to-day operations, monitoring, and problem resolution for all client problems.
- Problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution.
- Dispatching system and hardware problems and remain involved in the resolution process.
- Escalation and communication of status to other Tier Help Desks, government management, and internal customers. Must have experience in one or more systems and architectures and associated hardware: client/server based.
- May be tasked with creating, maintaining and coordinating project activities with multiple components.
- Work with engineers from other projects and organizations to leverage on-board expertise to support existing and future implementations.
- Help install and/or troubleshoot Leidos software installed at client sites.
- Bachelor's degree or higher and a minimum of 4 years' experience (or Master's degree and a minimum of 2 years; experience).
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Experience maintaining and configuring LAN/WAN Equipment & Firewalls.
- Experience maintaining and configuring LDAP.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with Bash Shell and Scripting.
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Proficiency configuring and managing Linux Servers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- U.S. Citizenship required with the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:
- Experience configuring and managing Windows Servers
- Experience with ESXi Server virtualization software
- Experience with Failover Cluster Manager
- Experience with AWS (ECS, EKS, EC2, RDS, Route53)
- Experience maintaining and configuring Atlassian products (JIRA Confluence, BitBucket, etc.),
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Helm)
- Familiarity with Puppet
- Familiarity with Ansible
- Familiarity with security products: Web Application Firewall, DDoS, VPN, IAM
- Familiarity with various DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- DSS Baseline Technical Security Configurations
EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:
$2,000Potential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Systems AdministrationPay Range: