Metis is looking for a System Administrator who will be responsible for maintaining MS Windows and Red Hat servers and workstations for a specific project.
Designs, develops, programs, installs, tests, documents, implements, conducts research for and maintains computer systems and utilities. Analyzes internal or external customer's needs, and determines equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems. Develops customized solutions to customer/user problems. Establishes system parameters and formats, ensures hardware and software compatibility, and coordinates and/or modifies user requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities. Revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage. Maintains smooth operation of a multi-user computer system, including local area networks. May include setting up user accounts,
maintaining documentation and installing system-wide software and allocation of mass storage space. Coordinates electronic office systems activities. Recommends HW/SW purchases and coordinates installation. Trains users. Contributes to the development of policies and monitors policies and standards for allocation and use. Develop and maintain disaster recovery plan for area of responsibility. Carries out responsibilities in compliance within established security guidelines.
Additional skillsets and responsibilities:
• Prior MS Windows system administration experience, including
o Active directory experience in Server 2008R2/2012R2/2016
o GPO creation and management o WSUS management
o IIS management
• Prior Red Hat Enterprise (RHEL) system administration experience, including
o RPM patch management (Spacewalk experience a plus)
o Shell scripting
• Knowledge of distributed file systems and disk quota management
• Experience with VMWare product suite, including o ESXi Server infrastructure
o vCenter configuration and management knowledge
o vMotion configuration and management knowledge
• Experience with MS Project and SharePoint a strong plus
• Experience with MS Windows and RHEL system hardening, patching, and remediation
• Experience with server monitoring, capacity management, and event alert response
• Experience with system event log configuration
• Basic knowledge of packet routing, and firewall maintenance
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in computer science, or other related science.
• 2 years' experience MS Windows and Red Hat Linux administration
• 2 years' experience with Linux OS terminal command line.
• 2 years' experience working with cyber (IT) security concepts.
• Completed Security + certification.
• Experience, or ability to learn in a large scale, dynamic environment requiring immediate problem response.
• Experience in root cause analysis.
• Experience in performing credentialed scans utilizing Tenable Nessus Pro Suite.
• Experience with Solaris or HP-UX not required, but a plus.
SECURITY CLEARANCE This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.