Put your skills to the test by pushing the boundaries of what's possible. From global defense to sustainment and modernization to mission readiness, your experience and ability will make it a reality. Our programs are built on equal parts of curiosity and collaboration. Our combined effort means our customers can connect and defend millions of people around the world. With Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to be an essential part of projects that will define your career, now and in the future. Job Description:
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space. Candidates can expect to perform the following:
- Reviewing trouble ticket queues to identify issues that need to be addressed. Working through the ticket queue without intervening management direction (self-motivated). Resolving tickets within established SLAs and raising issues that require management attention or involvement.
- Provide backup and recovery services; managing file systems and disk space; and managing virus protection on a routine basis.
- Work with system administrators and other staff to resolve support issues and escalating where appropriate.
- Participate in new installations, testing and special projects as needed.
- Coordinate with users, IT staff, server administrators, network engineers, and customer and IT management.
- Establish and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction according to defined objectives while adhering to established policies.
- Exhibit good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
- Interact and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluating vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Instruct and assist users in the use of personal computers and networks. Investigating information, network, and communications needs of users, and make recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases.
- Complete paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security requirements. Following all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of PCs and PC-related hardware and software. Working with Security personnel to remediate classified data spillage incidents.
- Support Agile process
- Support Change Control Board
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed
- This position emphasizes skills and experience. High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) and at least 7 years of applied experience
- Will consider 3 years of applied experience with a Bachelor's degree in a STEM related field; 1 year with Masters
- Must have an active DoD Top Secret clearance with ability to maintain
- Must be able to obtain Special Program Access prior to onboarding and then maintain
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a minimum of DoD 8570 Series IAT Level II Certification (Security+ and OS)
- Experience supporting tier 1 and tier 2 helpdesk tickets
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment
- Experience managing Windows operating systems
- Experience repairing PC Hardware
- Windows domain architecture experience
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
What We Can Offer You:
- Familiarity with HPE 3Par Storage administration
- Sustainment of Cisco Firewalls, Routers, and Switches
- Linux Operating System experience
- Familiarity with environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds)
- Creation and deployment of system images
- Experience with Certification & Accreditation process
- DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- 9/80 Schedule at Many Sites
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.