Description Job Description:
Keeping sensitive law enforcement and intelligence data secure is a key mission for the FBI. We are seeking a candidate to support the FBI's cross domain system (CDS) that facilitates secure access to sensitive data. The candidate will join a small team charged that is responsible for providing Operations & Maintenance support on existing CDS systems. The support activities will include deployment of new systems, integration of new technologies and services, and troubleshooting data flows by applying diverse skills in system engineering, administration, management, and security. This includes providing immediate response and problem resolution to critical system incident tickets. The candidate will have significant direct contact with the immediate customer and the organization's CDS staff.
It is important to note that this position is part of a team that supports 24 X 7 X 365 continuous presence at one of three (3) designated FBI processing facilities.
***Leidos is looking to add multiple Systems Administrators at varying skill levels to this team. The locations are near Pocatello ID, Clarksburg WV, and Vienna VA.Primary Responsibilities
- Manage systems in a VMWare environment
- Install COTS/GOTS and custom software, firmware updates, operating system patches of CDS guards, and antivirus software updates
- Monitor the systems for possible system problems
- Resolve system problems by analyzing the problem for resolution paths, implementing solutions, and/or working with vendors to resolve issues
- Respond and resolve incident tickets within required response times
- Run scripts to gather production system metrics and statistics
- Set-up/maintain user accounts
- Support system security vulnerability scan activities
- Participate in program standup meetings to discuss system status, technical issues, or coordinate production system changes.
- Experience working on a team and helping team member's complete tasks in support of IT systems.
- Linux system administration experience demonstrated in a large complex enterprise environment.
- Understanding of and/or experience in network administration, installation of networking appliances, cabling and cable termination in a large enterprise IT environment.
- Demonstrated ability to stay organized, follow written instructions or technical guides, and able to prioritize tasks to maintain, deploy of IT systems.
- Ability to provide and support data center activities including, but not limited to, rack and stacking equipment, pull cable, and terminating cables.
- Experience with Virtual Environment administration.
- The ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and interface with systems. An interest in working on a broad range of problems and technology and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work independently and at times as only Leidos representative working directly with customer IT team.
- Follow change management processes, which may include updating technical documentation.
- Demonstrate good judgement and written/verbal communications.
- The candidate hired for this role must be able to lift up to 35lbs multiple times on a daily basis.
- BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Depending on experience and/or preference may be called on to support the following efforts:
- Experience in testing complex IT systems.
- Experience in system integration, test, debug of COTS/GOTS systems. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to integrate new capabilities.
- Experience with Virtual Environment administration, specifically the installation, configuration, and management of: Type 1 hypervisors (ESXi, KVM, others), Virtual Machine configurations, and VM Management environment (e.g. Vcenter/Vsphere and associated networking and storage).
- Proficiency in installing, hardening, patching, backup and restore of Linux systems.
- Experience with system hardening (STIGS).
- Experience with or familiarity with Apache Nifi (Niagrafiles)
- Experience in networking, particularly system integration of physical/virtual servers with routers and firewalls in current data center environments.
- Integration of one or more cross domain products (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions).
- Ability to perform bare metal server builds, backup/restore.
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: LDAP, Active Directory, log archive
- Various security products, security architecture, security assessment tools, and information assurance standards.
- Small scale development of script level routines: languages (shell script, Perl)