This position will serve as the Infrastructure Services Team Systems Administrator. This position will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure at all OLLU Sites. This position will monitor data integrity and system security, as well as manage email resources for the university. This position reports to the Director of Infrastructure.
- Manage provisioning, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of servers and server-based resources in physical, virtual and hosted settings. Install, test, modify, monitor and maintain service and application server systems, software, and hardware. Create PowerShell scripts for automation as needed. Troubleshoot server network services, connectivity problems, including hardware and software configurations. Oversee the organizational directory structure and entries within Active Directory (35%)
- Manage postmaster duties for the enterprise, which include but are not limited to: managing email accounts for all students, staff, and faculty; maintaining and updating remote access to email servers; correcting and editing daily email delivery failures; monitoring email abuse and “spamming”; monitoring disk space quotas. Manages server security and virus-scanning facilities for email, application and storage servers. Maintains the Office 365 environment. (35%)
- Monitor server and network resources and take corrective action as indicated and/or notify the appropriate individual as required. Responsible for daily backup scheduling of all ITS physical and virtual servers and for restoration of data to those systems as needed. Monitor and maintain SAN nodes and blade servers. (20%)
- Supervise student worker(s). (5%)
- Assists in developing instructional guides and maintaining web site information for Infrastructure Services related web pages. (3%)
- Performs other related duties as assigned. (2%)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of current Microsoft Windows Server systems administration, including the application of security controls and the configuration and troubleshooting of network communications
- Advanced knowledge of server virtualization and storage area networking technologies; VMware experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, SQL, and IIS setup and administration
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory management and group policy administration
- Expert knowledge in Windows scripting, able to write task automation scripts
- Ability to work with consultants, vendors, and peers as a team player who can build strong relationships
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to lift 40 lbs and to maneuver in cramped spaces where equipment may be located.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed to accomplish essential functions, or to respond to emergencies
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of higher education, preferably in a computer-related field; two years of relevant work experience may substitute for one year of higher education
- Five years of work experience in Windows Server administration required; two years of experience managing SAN hardware and virtual servers and/or three years of experience managing a Microsoft Exchange environment preferred. Experience managing a Microsoft IIS or Apache server preferred, two years of experience managing a Microsoft SQL or MySQL server preferred. Experience may be served concurrently.
- 2 years supervisory experience is preferred