Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers. Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities. Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Plans and implements the modernization of servers. Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules. Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Incumbent develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures. Incumbent in this job works closely with Network and Systems Analysts to help determine and develop the systems that will be implemented. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
Bachelors and 9 years or more experience; Masters and 5 years or more experience. Four additional years' experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. An Interim Secret Clearance will be required to start the position.
- MSCE, MCITP, and MSCP Certifications preferred
- CompTIA Certification or CCNA a PLUS
- Experience with installing and configuring Microsoft tools
- Experience with Windows 10 workstations
- Windows Administration/SCCM experience
- Vulnerability Scanning/Patching (IAVMs)
- Experience using Windows to include all activities such as active directory, installation, system integration, image development, patching, upgrades, complex problem resolution and other activities in large, complex environment.
- Experience with domain servers and managing a Windows network across multiple locations.
- Experience with Windows Registry and GPO management
- Familiarity with Microsoft Scripting (e.g., Power Shell, VB, Python, C#, bash) and Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) server working knowledge
My SAIC Benefits.