This position is on our team at DISA, Ft Meade
supporting the DNS Hardening mission team
The System Administrator is a highly skilled troubleshooter with a broad range of skills to help keep a newly-deployed, complex, Cross-Domain Solution-based system operational. From diagnosing and fixing network issues to providing administrative support for Red Hat workstations and servers, the ideal candidate will enjoy rolling up the sleeves and getting into the weeds to keep the system online and functioning at peak performance. The ability to communicate with highly technical operators and engineers as well as non-technical managers will be essential to the successful candidate in this role.
This role is an integral part of a small team of professionals committed to the mission
Network troubleshooting (primarily layer 2 and layer 3 issues)
- Red Hat Linux system administration, including account maintenance, filesystem troubleshooting, and firewall issues, etc.
- Assist with backup and recovery of system software components
- Occasional delivery of equipment, and sometimes software, to the site
- Provide logistical support during on-site training, demonstrations, etc.
- Assist with troubleshooting database issues (e.g. locked accounts, session locking, etc.)
- Help with the installation of custom and third-party software and hardware patches, firmware updates, etc.
- Managing User accounts
- Implementing operational and technical security controls
- Communicate with the designers and implementers of the system when necessary to diagnose system-specific issues
Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience. Red Hat Certification.
Requirements++++You must have or have held a DOD Secret or above level clearance within last 2 years. +++++++
4+ years of information technology experience with 1+ year of
experience administering Red Hat, CentOS 6/7 and Solaris servers
Experience in Linux system administration, configuration, integration
- Strong understanding of general networking concepts, including layer 2 and layer 3 protocols, router and switch configuration and troubleshooting, and Red Hat networking
- Knowledge of and/or experience with one or more network operating systems (e.g. Cisco IOS, Juniper JunOS, etc.)
- Knowledge of Red Hat system administration, including firewall configuration and user account management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge of Linux commands, applications and security configuration
Ability to script in a UNIX language (bash, perl, python, etc.)
Familiar with Domain Name Server (DNS) administration using BIND DNS
in Unix and Linux environments
Ability to perform analysis of DNS resolution issues and provide
recommendations to repair
Knowledge of classified computer facility operational procedures and
DOD security regimes
Experience with KVM/QEMU supporting Linux virtual environments
6310 Hillside Court, Suite 101
Columbia, MD 21046 USA
Phone: 443 283 2110Quotient-Inc.com