This is a fulltime System Administrator role based in Albuquerque, New Mexico or Dallas or Houston , Texas.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for assessing, architecting, engineering, implementing, and managing technology solutions including: collaborating with application, development, and infrastructure teams on solution design, aligning technology portfolio to achieve desired business outcomes, partnering with appropriate stakeholders to define and mature engineering practices.
Some of the responsibilities include:
• Assess, propose, and prioritize engineering efforts based on value and alignment with corporate objectives;
• Execute on architecting, engineering, and deploying technology solutions, focusing on resiliency, recoverability, security, performance, manageability, and total cost of ownership;
• Partner with others on the infrastructure team for technology research, innovation, and experimentation efforts;
• Collaborate with team members from other subject domains to define and mature engineering practices, focusing on engineering principles;
• Perform technology evaluations and make recommendations for hardware, software, and services;
• Act as subject matter expert on assigned technologies;
•Provide Tier 3 technical support including participation in after-hours, on-call rotation;
• Work with IT teams on troubleshooting, isolating, and resolving issues;
• Enable infrastructure teams to manage technology assets by creating documentation and leading knowledge transfer sessions;
Other duties as needed Requirements
Interviews are currently being scheduled, for immediate consideration please apply
The successful System Administrator will have:
•B.S. in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience/training;
• 3+ years of relevant professional experience;
• Experience in management of a Microsoft-centric server environment;
• MS Windows 2012/2016 , VmWare, Active Directory/Group policy/DHCP/DNS
• Experience with solutions engineering and applying systems thinking principles;
• Experience with core infrastructure, hardware, technologies and services (Backups, Blade Chassis, Hyperconverged, Email, Route/Switch, SAN, Virtualization, UPS);
• Experience with end user hardware and technologies (VDI, laptops, desktops, printers, MDM);
•Experience with cloud technologies, including building and operating cloud applications;
•Advanced knowledge of OSI model and networking fundamental;
• Advanced knowledge and application of IT security best-practices;
• Advanced knowledge and application of IT operational best-practices;
• Knowledge of application design principles and service-oriented architecture;
• Experience with programming/scripting languages;
Beneficial Skills and Experience
• Experience with 0365, Hypervisor, SaaS, Desktop enterprise management, SAP or other ERP system integration, Linux familiarity,Datacenter and Cloud technologies and SaaS is a plus
• Experience working with agile software development teams on solutions delivery;
• Understanding of agile and lean frameworks, including Scrum and Kanban;
• Experience administering MacOS in an enterprise environment;
• CCNA Certification or higher;
• ITIL Foundations Certification or higher;
• MCSA Certification or higher.
Background required prior to employment
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world's first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/
for more information.