SAIC is seeking a candidate that will be responsible for installs, upgrades, support, and problem resolution for Linux base infrastructure. Must be dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver. Must have the aptitude and attitude to tackle technical challenges without clear instructions. Job duties include all aspects of systems administration such as installation, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of Linux systems both physical and virtual.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Building, configuring, and troubleshooting open source and commercial applications
- System backups/restorations
- User support of system
- Documentation of system architecture
- Documentation for end user of the system Qualifications
- Must possess an active TS/SCI with FS
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 6+ years of experience in system administration; if no degree, 4+ years' experience in system engineering or related field.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Linux Administration
- Experience in CentOS/Ubuntu
- Ability to conduct root-cause analysis for Linux systems and services
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash or Python
- Basic networking experience (TCP/IP, routing, SSH, OpenVPN) is desired
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience with LDAP
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Deploying servers in cloud environments such as AWS and Azure
My SAIC Benefits.