SAIC is seeking a Systems Administrator to support a large federal government agency. Employee will perform on-site, at a secure government location on one of three shifts, including weekend/holiday rotations and on-call support.
Description of Duties:
• Monitor, triage, troubleshoot and perform systems administration, maintenance activities and periodic system health checks on a complex messaging platform.
• Perform operations and maintenance activities related to directory services, group policies, security compliance and data/systems backup.
• Install system/application patches. Perform periodically scheduled password cycling and virus definition updates.
• Develop, test and execute PowerShell scripts to check for potential system issues and automate routine tasks.
• Coordinate and interact with other service offices to remediate systems outages, performance degradations and network/application defects.
• Microsoft Server 2003/2008/2012; Active Directory; Windows XP/2003/2007; Office 2010
• Reliability and strong sense of work commitment.
• Ability to follow Standard Operations Procedures and verbal direction.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Self-motivation, professional demeanor and accountability.
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2014; SharePoint Server 2007/2013; BizTalk Server 2009/2013; Internet Information Services (IIS); System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
• PowerShell scripting
• NetIQ AppManager Control Center; NetIQ AppManager Operator Console
• VMware vSphere Client, NetApp OnCommand System Manager 2.2
• Information Support Server Environment (ISSE) 3.x/4.x
• General switch, router and firewall management
• Network and Host Vulnerability Assessment / Mitigation
• CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+
• ITIL Foundations
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: AA degree in related discipline and nine (9) years related experience; Or, High School and eleven (11) years related experience and related advanced certification.
My SAIC Benefits.