Solidus is searching for a Systems Administrator to join existing team members in providing systems administration support services in a dynamic environment.
- Maintain operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination of infrastructure and cloud responsibilities.
- Develops and designs core operating system builds.
- Responsible for virtualization and automation of systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains an active directory of users and system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space.
- Assesses and resolves user access problems related to security controls to minimize business impact and risk exposure.
- Identifies and evaluates vendor products and establishes vendor monitoring and tracking processes.
- Performs capacity planning and monitors/tunes systems.
- Recommends appropriate platforms for purchase, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery.
- Serves as a point of escalation for major incidents that are unresolved at the helpdesk level.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May draft general IT communications to end-users including notifications of outages/down times.
- U.S. Citizen and Active Secret Clearance. Able to obtain Top Secret
- B. S. Degree or 10 years experience
- Linux- Red Hat/CentOS
- Windows 10
- Security +
- Storage Systems
- Ansible and Bash
- Configure and Manage Centralized Logging and Audit Capabilities
- Enterprise Backup Solutions
- Hardware: Intel/AMD, Cisco, Sun/Oracle, Dell, Apple, EMC, NetApp
- Macintosh and iOS platform(s)
- MS Active Directory, LDAP
- Systems Center Configuration Manager
- Strong Backup Experience and Proven Ability to Protect Mission Critical Data
- Technologies including DNS, DHCP, Proxy and Load Balancing
- UNIX platform, OSX, Cisco IOS
- Virtualization Technologies to include VM management, Snapshots, SANs and iSCSI Storage Systems
- VMWare ESXi and Associated Management Systems
- Windows Server Platform and Patch Management
Req ID 4058
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.