Job Title: Systems Administrator
Why work here as a Systems Administrator?
- Top Hedge Fund on the West Coast! Team is small and you will work with the best of the best. You will own your projects from start to finish.
- Company is very stable and been around for over 20 years.
- Catered lunch daily, plus bonus potential and 100% paid benefits.
- Centrally located in Century City near great shopping and restaurants!
Read on to learn more and sen us your resume via this website to be considered for this great opportunity!
As a Systems Administrator, you will:
- Work on cross-functionally with various IT Infrastructure teams across the organization
- Provide routine operational support of core systems and servers
- Perform troubleshooting, event monitoring and analysis, responding to issues in a timely manner
- Manage lifecycle of operating systems and applications (install, patch, test, decommission)
- Ensure secure deployment, implementation, management and maintenance of servers and devices
- Provide end user support as-needed when issues are escalated by the helpdesk
- Escalate problems as needed to other members of the team or vendors
- Keep up-to-date with new applications and technologies and make recommendations bases on research
- Provide after-hours on-call support on rotation
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 5+ years’ experience as systems administrator in a multi-site environment
- Financial services industry experience is nice to have
- Experience with Windows 2008, SQL Server, 2008, and MS Exchange Server 2010 (and later versions)
- Strong experience administering Active Directory/Windows Server
- Familiarity with cloud technologies is a huge plus
- Experience with networking (LAN/WAN), switches and firewalls
- Knowledge of common internet standards (i.e. TCP, UDP, ICMP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP/s, PGP, SSH, MAPI, etc.).
- VMware ESXi, vCenter, Exchange Server. SQL, File sharing (DFS, etc.), IIS Server
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Microsoft or other certifications are nice to have
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.