The System Administrator role supports, maintains, designs and troubleshoots network equipment, server hardware, storage devices, server operating systems, messaging systems, IT Security, VOIP, departmental and enterprise applications. Responsible for ensuring mission critical enterprise systems and infrastructure Client wide are running at optimal state in alignment with established service level objectives and implementing new technology projects as assigned technical lead.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as subject matter expert for the technical aspects of assigned systems and infrastructure
- Provides Tier 2/3 technical support for assigned systems
- Provisions, installs/configures, operates, upgrades with new releases and models, maintains assigned systems hardware, software and infrastructure
- Manages security access to assigned systems, related records, and documents and maintains strict confidentiality
- Ensures standards are developed and adhered per industry best practices for networking and systems administration
- Serves as escalation point for IT Technicians on technical problem resolutions
Installs, diagnosis, monitors, repairs, upgrades and maintains switches, routers, servers, firewalls, wireless, security, storage, backup, VOIP and disaster recovery for the entire organization
- Plans and upgrades software and server applications
- Supports, upgrades and troubleshoots various Client software and services including the Microsoft Office 365 suite
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Technology Management or related field and three to five years of progressively responsible experience are required.
- VMWare, Cisco or Microsoft Server certification preferred. Experience and training in ITIL with ITIL Foundations Certification preferred.
- CJIS certified or ability to obtain certification within 30 days of employment.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge to research new technologies and provide recommendations on usage in the organization
- Ability to multitask and establish/follow-through on the prioritization of user requests with limited direction.
- Ability and knowledge to cross train on software, systems and infrastructure to provide two deep support coverage
- Knowledge of IT Service Management best practices including ITIL
- Strong knowledge of system and network administration including providing Tier 2/3 support
- Strong knowledge of providing technical training and producing technical documentation
- Strong knowledge of current Microsoft Server operating systems and server hardware
- Strong knowledge of enterprise server virtualization VMWare preferred
- Strong Knowledge of enterprise storage and backup technology Veeam preferred
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Strong Knowledge of Office365 system administration
- Strong Knowledge of Cisco switch, routing, firewalls, wireless, access/identity and telephony
- Strong Knowledge of IT Security
- Strong knowledge of DellEMC VXRail
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise and Department software solutions
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of Microsoft System Center and WSUS
- Skill in performing detailed procedures while maintaining accuracy, quality and productivity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer advocacy and customer relationship skills
- Group facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to help build team cultures of cooperation, trust, collaboration, passion, ownership, and personal commitment to organizational objectives
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions