As the e-commerce trends continue to evolve, Transportation Insight has strategically positioned itself in the industry with top talent that boasts strategic involvement in the continued evolution of the small package/parcel and freight marketplace. In addition to our knowledge, we have built out the technology to help companies (shippers) unlock the power of their supply chain.
Transportation Insight is recognized as a premier employer regionally and nationally because of our reputation, workplace culture and growth opportunities. At the core of our culture, team members are motivated to improve our clients, our communities and ourselves every day.JOB PURPOSE:
This position is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.CRITICAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
SUPPORTING DUTIES TO THE CRITICAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Provide Tier I,II/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evening and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Candidates/incumbents must possess the desire to work in a fast-paced highly rewarding environment that may require extended work hours including weekends and holidays.
- One year college level course work and MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) or equivalent preferred
- One-year hands on experience working with multiple systems/hardware platforms in a production Information Technology environment preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. In an effort to recruit, develop and retain top talent, we are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in all personnel practices to ensure equal opportunity for employment, promotion, and training for a more inclusive workforce.