Citizen, GC and TN Visa's please apply we are not able to sponsor for this position-
• Drive projects from technical expertise.
• Partner with technology and the analytics community on big data efforts.
• Mentor other team members and participate in cross-training.
• Administer Big Data/Real-Time platforms.
• Develop and propagate Real-Time best practices/lessons learned.
• Support highly available environments that are part of critical business processes.• Utilize effective project planning techniques to break down highly complex projects into tasks, manage scope of projects, and ensure deadlines are kept.
• Maintain a reasonable understanding of Scala, Java and Python.
• Support Innovation; regularly provide new ideas to help people, process, and technology that interact with the analytic ecosystem. • Maintain a rudimentary underanding of analytics methodologies.
• Keep up with current technology trends in the Big Data and Analytic space.
• 5+ Years of experience in relavant technologies.
• Bachelours / Masters degree, preferably in a Mathematical, Computing or Scientific field, or equivalent industry experience. • Fast learner - a track record of self development and on-going learning essential.
• Scala, Java and Python.
basic Unix/Linus skills.
• Knowledge of one or more of the following: Java, Scala, Python.
• Understanding of JSON, YAML, XML etc.
• Fundamental knowledge of SQL.
• Big data / analytics platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Kafka).
• Java, Scala, Python, PHP.
• Big data frameworks e.g. Flink, Spark.
• Solution Engineering.
• Linux Administration.
• Automation / CI-CD. (Jenkins, GitHub, PERL, BASH, Ansible).
• Docker, Kubernates, Cloud Foundry.
• Database administration (Relational or NoSQL).
• Advanced SQL.
• Integration / Tibco / ETL.
• Experience in supporting and maintain highly available platforms.
• Knowledge of a broad range of technologies.