Publix Super Markets, Inc. is the largest privately-owned food retailer in the nation with more than 1,200 stores and more than 200,000 associates throughout the Southeast. We are associate-owned, proud of our family atmosphere, and consistently named as one of the best companies to work for in America. We are largely debt-free and renowned for our financial performance as well as our premier customer service. Publix s Information Services (I/S) department is located in Lakeland, Florida and Alpharetta, Georgia and employs over 1000 associates. I/S provides the information technology required for all Publix business units including retail stores and all office and warehouse environments. The Publix I/S mission is to maximize the value of information technology to Publix associates and customers.Join the PublixIT Team as a Systems Analyst or Senior Systems Analyst where you will be responsible leading efforts to develop and support highly complex systems by gathering requirements, converting requirements to technical design, development, and implementation while collaborating with other technical and business areas.
Additional responsibilities will include coding, debugging, documenting and configuring packages, maintaining system components, technical and user documentation for new and existing programs based on provided programming specifications and performing problem determination and resolution for complex problems; analyzing root cause by researching current application code, then designing, coding and testing a solution.
- BS in Computer Science or other analytical discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum offive years experience analyzing business problems and translating business requirements into technology solutions.
- Minimum offive years designing enterprise class solutions using object-oriented analysis and design, design patterns, service-oriented architecture and solution frameworks
- Minimum offive years of web development experience with .NET framework 3.5 or above including VB.Net or C#.
- Minimum ofthree years of web development experience with Angular or Azure Cloud
- Experience with responsive web application design and development
- Experience planning and managing all activities associated with delivering solutions in a large-scale distributed internet facing environment
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Data storage technologies such as MySQL, MongoDB, Azure Cosmos DB, and Azure SQL.
Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- 7+ years of experience analyzing business problems and translating business requirements into technology solutions.
- 7+ years designing enterprise class solutions using object-oriented analysis and design, design patterns, service-oriented architecture and solution frameworks
- 7+ years of web development experience with .NET framework 3.5 or above including VB.Net or C#.
- 5+ years of web development experience with Angular or Azure Cloud
- 7+ years experience with SQL Server 2008 or above
- 3+ years of experience in implementing enterprise application using platform services like azure App service, Azure SQL, Azure Service Bus, notification hubs, event hubs, stream analytics, Cosmos DB, Redis Cache, IoT Hub, application insights etc.,
- Strong technical understanding of IIS and other middleware components
- Experience designing and developing websites running in a multi-platform distributed environment
- Strong passion for developing best in class performance sites and mobile applications
An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
401(k) retirement savings plan
Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
Group dental plan
Group vision plan
Long-term disability insurance
Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
Paycheck direct deposit
Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager s approval: New Year s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).